Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I have gotten a soft reset when I try to copy a business I've looked up into contacts. It does not happen everytime.

Also, I find I need to re-write the first few letters of a contact to get the contact added through Kmaps to get the contact in alphabetical order. It is as if there is an unseen character that is messing up my contacts. (I am using the standard contacts with Sprint Treo 650 with TAKEphONE.)
    ...can prevent unnecessary threads.
    ...in the 'menu' dropdown ... any idea as to why? (I'm using version 1.5 - but it was the same w/ precious versions for me) Perhaps there is a conflict w/ another third party app extension...?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmillhis
    ...in the 'menu' dropdown ... any idea as to why? (I'm using version 1.5 - but it was the same w/ precious versions for me) Perhaps there is a conflict w/ another third party app extension...?
    So you get a reset also?

All i do is tap "select from contacts" then it resets, same for you?
    exactly, just tap 'select from contacts' and it's over
    Well what in the world could we have in common that causes this? I dont even know where to start.
    Just a guess, but you do have the pimop.prc file installed, correct? It should appear in the FileZ list as pimdll. I can't quite duplicate the problem for sure as I have GoodLink installed which hijacks all refs to the Contacts db.
    i've checked pimop and its correct (pimdll libr J9PL) ... i thought perhaps verichat (an IM app) might have interoperability issues, but i'm not savvy enough to really know why or how...
    thx tho!
    Well, it was just a guess. May have to wait for Ivan to comment to see if he can shed any light on the problem.
  10.    #330  
    If you use GoodLink and have issues with apps that access contacts, this may be something to read...

http://mobileoptimized.com/GoodContacts.html
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    That would be awesome! Integration with LBS on the Sprint 650 would be amazing!
    I agree, however, I suspect he means with an external GPS receiver and not with a Sprint's LBS. Still awesome. It would be great in the car when I'm travelling with a co-pilot.
  12.    #332  
    I'll look at Sprint LBS nevertheless. I think that it is not possible to integrate their LBS APIs into Treo's JVM, but even if Sprint Treos come with the native LBS implementation, there is a slight chance of that integration to happen. On the other hand, GPS integration will definitelly come next. LBS integration goes much easier on Blackberries that are location aware since the LBS API is readily available. By the way, KMaps port to Blackberry is coming soon and there are already Blackberry users testing it...

I also look seriously into something called Sprint Mobility Framework. Unfortunatelly, it is paid for service by Sprint, but is great as it can give you the locations the of the other Sprint phone users, something similar to KMaps "Where Is" and "I am Here" services but a bit more streamlined, since LBS is involved and you don't have to manually report your prosition. It is fairly easy to integrate to Mobility via Web Services and it may be useful for people working in teams and even companies to help their employees stay location aware of each other (although KMaps is for non-commercal user only). Again, Sprint fee may be an issue in this case, but is a very interesting concept and easy to add...

By the way, InformationWeek, the magazine distributed and read in corporate world, published the cover story "Maps On The Move" where they give an overview of applications and services available and mention KMaps as a free alternative to paid for applications by vendors and carriers...

http://www.informationweek.com/story...leID=170701925
    Last edited by imitrovic; 09/12/2005 at 11:27 AM.
  13.    #333  
    Forgot... I posted a "silent" update on the site yesterday. It fixes a few small bugs and adds a new feature on directions screen which enables you to send Directions to someone by email. E.g. to a friend that has a mobile phone capable of email but doens't have access to internet for directions. Or, if someone from the car asks you for the directions on the street, just ask him for mobile email address in return and send the directions instantly... I think you can send email to pretty much any phone user if you put <number>@<provider>.com At least works with my mmode...

http://alealea.com/ivan/maps/KMaps.prc
    Quote Originally Posted by imitrovic
    If you use GoodLink and have issues with apps that access contacts, this may be something to read...

http://mobileoptimized.com/GoodContacts.html
    Ivan - thanks for the note. I'd read that article before but unfortunately I can't afford the memory to have all the contacts duplicated since P1 in their infinitely small wisdom decided to limit the Treo to 22MB usable ram. I'm running the latest fw and run everything possible from the sd card and still have just 2MB free. It took some finagling to get Java in there just to run KMaps, but it's a workable setup. I'm now manually adding a few contacts to the built-in Contacts db as needed for KMaps and other apps.
    I am not familiar with the term LBS. What does that stand for? Also, when do you anticipate the GPS function availability? Thanks for yoru great product.
    Pilottreo1
    TOMVB, zlauncher and other programs allows you to run applications from the sd card without the memory limitation.
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottreo1
    I am not familiar with the term LBS. What does that stand for? Also, when do you anticipate the GPS function availability? Thanks for yoru great product.
    Pilottreo1
    Location Based Services. It gets confused with GPS, but it's similar. Basically its a way to track your location. Reasons for this would be, say you wanted to look up restaurants in your area, rather than manually entering in a zip code, LBS would know your location, and could pull up restaurants in that area.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis
    TOMVB, zlauncher and other programs allows you to run applications from the sd card without the memory limitation.
    Appreciate the help, but am very familiar with the options to conserve ram. I'm using ZL and have moved every app >~100K to the sd card. Good takes ~6.5MB by itself so that's a big chunk. After you include bg apps like Causerie, Java and the apps that hotsync (which typically can't be run off the sd card) like PasswordsPlus and WorldMate, I'm down to 2MB. I manage the size of the phone call db and turn Blazer's cache off, so that's about as good as it can get.

For me, 2MB free is enough to do everything I need to. I just wish it was more.
    Hi All,

Whenever I try to generate a map, I receive an error with the text stating:

"java.lang.NumberFormatException "

I have a T600 and installed the latet JVM version.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks...
  20.    #340  
    Do you use version 1.5? Have you used any other version before 1.5?