Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1.    #301  
    If you have any files with J9* creator left (fileconn and pimdll), you will need to soft reset and delete them afterwards.
    Can java be installed on the sd card or does it need to be in RAM
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Java has to be in RAM.
    Ivan very quietly released Version 1.5 yesterday.. No Fanfare....

Also no word on the Desktop companion which was to allow the dowload of maps onto the mobile device from the desktop....
    Last edited by FullThrotleDave; 09/09/2005 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Additional Information
  5.    #305  
    1.5 is devoted to Location Services, mainly Location Aware Messaging, Location Tracking and KMaplets. If you use KMaps then 1.5 is definitelly worth downloading. It is the first release that fully converges position, messaging and a set of working location services on the single platform. It also introduces non-KMaps users to KMaps (e.g. you can enable people that don't have KMaps on the phone to track your location via browser). KMaplets are something definitelly worth watching and I am talking to some web sites that are interested in creating their data feeds in form of KMaplets...

http://alealea.com/15.html has a list of new 1.5 features and links to read about them...

When I find some time, I'll play with GPS/LBS and add full support for that...
    I noticed that there is a prefs option for IBM Java VM. When I select it my Treo 650 screen turns white and nothing happens until I hit the home button which exits the program.

Is this prefs option supposed to do something useful? Anyone get it to work?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  7.    #307  
    You can increase heap memory available to Java programs over there and you should. I have those settings (memory heap size and thread stack size) maxed out on my Treo. That memory is not used until you run Java app. You should also make sure that high resolution checkbox is checked if you run on Treo 650.
    Hello everyone,

I got a reset when using the "select from contacts" on the "search" screen, anyone else?

Also forgive me if this is common knowledge but can I put this program on the memory card?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra
    Hello everyone,

Also forgive me if this is common knowledge but can I put this program on the memory card?
    Yes you can. I moved it to my SD card using Zlauncher and launch it from there.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Thank you for the reply. I dont use zlauncher. I have found that the program works from the card but i am having weird behaivor on the treo in general so i would like to know if the cause for me is because the program resides on the card.

Could someone please try the "select from contacts" from the "search" screen and tell me if they get a reset?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Thank you for the reply. I dont use zlauncher. I have found that the program works from the card but i am having weird behaivor on the treo in general so i would like to know if the cause for me is because the program resides on the card.

Could someone please try the "select from contacts" from the "search" screen and tell me if they get a reset?
    I don't get a reset when I use the select from contacts function.....
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Thanks for the reply. This place is great. How in the world do users who do not belong to an online community ever figure anything out?

I bet they bug the heck out of the developers, waste lots of time with carrier support and drive up the cost of devices by constantly returning phones.

Thanks Hicks
    By the way Hicks, is that with kmaps 1.5?
  14.    #314  
    Do you use any application that interferes with contacts, like GoodLink? Do you have a lot of contacts (100s)? Try deleting KMaps and installing again...
    No, no programs I guess. I dont know what they would be. I dont know what good link is.

Delete just the prc? Or also the fileconnect and pimdll. If I delete kmaps and all related data on the internal and the card, I would hate to lose all the directions, maps and addresses that I have saved. Is that what I need to do?

If it works OK for others I will figure out which evil little corruption is causing the problem.
    Last edited by Sandra; 09/10/2005 at 05:52 PM.
  16.    #316  
    If you have that saved, then don't delete... The address lookup generaly works and as long as I know nobody has reported this problem...
    I am having a whole lot of odd behavior with several different applications. I'm going to do a "start from scratch".

Thank you Ivan.
    I am having a whole lot of odd behavior with several different applications. I'm going to do a "start from scratch".

Thank you Ivan.
    I will direct you to a previous post of mine:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=14

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    undefined
    Quote Originally Posted by imitrovic
    1.5 is devoted to Location Services, mainly Location Aware Messaging, Location Tracking and KMaplets. If you use KMaps then 1.5 is definitelly worth downloading. It is the first release that fully converges position, messaging and a set of working location services on the single platform. It also introduces non-KMaps users to KMaps (e.g. you can enable people that don't have KMaps on the phone to track your location via browser). KMaplets are something definitelly worth watching and I am talking to some web sites that are interested in creating their data feeds in form of KMaplets...

http://alealea.com/15.html has a list of new 1.5 features and links to read about them...

When I find some time, I'll play with GPS/LBS and add full support for that...
    That would be awesome! Integration with LBS on the Sprint 650 would be amazing!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    By the way Hicks, is that with kmaps 1.5?
    Yup