Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
  1.    #241  
    It will be... I tried that as the default implementation, but got some hectic behavior. For the moment you can just "swipe" stylus on the screen to indicate the movement. I will add dragging as soon as I am comfortable with its behavior. So, it is doable, but I just got it jumping inconsistently and loading all tiles around... Need to work on that...
    Sounds great,,,,,, thanks for all your efforts
    Ivan,

Please advise on installing Kmaps on the SD card. I know Java must be in RAM.

What about the 3 files included in the KMaps zip file? Can any or all of those be on the SD card?

Last time (many versions ago) the settings (initial e-mail address and password) would not get saved if I ren KMaps from the SD card. Have you added this capability in the recent versions?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  4.    #244  
    You can move KMaps.prc to SD card. The other 2 files are IBM files and they shouldn't go to SD card. Once you move KMaps to SD card you will lose your settings and addresses saved in KMaps. It pretty much will be like running KMaps for the first time again. So, you would have to recreate all your saved addresses and do the settings again. Also, you would have to provide email and password you registered originally (or put new one. I am not going to send you email anyway...). Yes, KMaps grew quite a bit in size, it is about 460KB now, so it makes sense to have it on SD card if you have memory issues... I also remember that when I moved any other app to SD card I lost initial settings (even the license info)...
    Back then, the e-mail address and password wouldn't stick. I had to enter it every time I ran KMaps from the SD card.

Next time you put out a new version, I'll uninstall from RAM and install on the card.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Is anybody else having troble after entering the username/password on the initial screen? I am guessing it is because the alealea.com site is also down?! Any info would be appreciated
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Yes I am having trouble registering. ;(
  8.    #248  
    new york ISP provider where I host alea had node taken out due to tech issues... Shoul dbe OK now. I'll soon repackage KMaps to be less dependant on Location Services and connection to my site... So that people who don't want to use Location Based Services, but basic mapping instead wouldn't have to register etc.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I still cant register 1.4. Now it is timing out. Lastnight when your site was down, the app just locked up. And a timeout is better than a lockup

n/m its working now
    Last edited by deanfx; 08/18/2005 at 03:32 PM.
    I installed KMaps 1.4 yersterday and have been completely blown away by how awesome this app is. I only have one problem with it... I spent an hour trying to figure out why I couldn't get the little running man to come out, only to find out that he's been removed from this version. Bummer! He looked pretty cool from the pictures, anyway. Ivan, please bring him back! Thanks for all your good work. Donation coming your way.
    "Once a new technology rolls over you, if you're not part of the steamroller, you're part of the road." - Stewart Brand
    I spoke with him personally and he said him and Ivan got into it,,,,,, some thing about a girl,,,,,,,,
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...es/arguing.gif

So to blow off some steam he went down south for a corona and some sun
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...ies/smokin.gif http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21.../passedout.gif

and wound up in custody
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...Dontfireme.jpg

I'm planning a break out !!!
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...s/gunfight.gif
    I uninstalled Kmaps from the RAM using Uninstall Manager, downloaded ver 4.1 (at 8:30 pm, 8/18) and installed the kmaps prc file to the SD card. I left the other 2 files unchanged in the RAM.

After re-entering my e-mail address and password, and saving an address, when I quit Kmaps, the Treo reset. #*377 says:

A reset was caused while running Uninstall: MemoryMgr.c Line:3751, Free handle.

I don't know who to blame ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Subsequent usage of Kmaps seems to be fine...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I just tried version 1.4. Thanks for the improvements; looks great. I've noticed a few bugs I thought you'd like to know about if you haven't heard about them yet:

• The marker showing where a mapped location is seems to not be in the correct spot. When I change zoom levels, it's not even in the same location relative to the map.
    • Line drawing mode (L) also draws the line starting point in the wrong location
    • As I mentioned earlier, on my Treo 600, line mode doesn't show time or distance above the longitude/latitute (or anywhere, for that matter)
    • Interstates show up in KMaps with road numbers other than their Interstate number -- probably because on maps.google.com, the interestate symbols are spread out and the other route numbers are closer in. Can you bring the interstate numbers closer, so they can be seen on single tiles?

Again, this is a great application.

I also have a new enhancement suggestion. How about providing a search for all types of location notes within a given distance? I know you just added for searching for all location notes of a given type regardless of distance, but it would also be nice to find out if there are any location notes nearby without having to check each type separately.

Thanks,
    John
    As are others, I'm still wondering about satellite images

Killer app. This is the best thing I've seen for my treo in several months! I like your choice of interface options and design. It's not clumbsy or ugly like most 3rd party developers seem to be.
    <br>
    I am reluctant to update to the newest version because of the decreased emphasis on the 5-way navigator. I almost never use the stylus. Will it be possible to stick with 1.2.1? Thanks for a great application!
    I don't recall anything removed wrt 5way nav functions and although it doesn't always work as precisely, you can use your thumb as a (rather big) stylus. It works fairly well.

If you've watched this thread for awhile, you've seen how far KMaps has come and you know it's only going to get better, so I'd suggest always using a current version.
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio8
    I am reluctant to update to the newest version because of the decreased emphasis on the 5-way navigator. I almost never use the stylus. Will it be possible to stick with 1.2.1? Thanks for a great application!
    There is no decreases emphasis on the 5 way. It works all the same. What was added was the ability to drag the map. You could always tap the map to point the runner in the right direction but now you can drag the map in the right direction. Ivan is right its easier to just tap in the right direction but when he adds the ability for the map to move as you drag it that will be great.

But i perfer to just use the 5way. Still works great
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I uninstalled Kmaps from the RAM using Uninstall Manager, downloaded ver 4.1 (at 8:30 pm, 8/18) and installed the kmaps prc file to the SD card. I left the other 2 files unchanged in the RAM.

After re-entering my e-mail address and password, and saving an address, when I quit Kmaps, the Treo reset. #*377 says:

A reset was caused while running Uninstall: MemoryMgr.c Line:3751, Free handle.

I don't know who to blame ...
    I'd blame Treo's implementation of Java. One of the good things about Java is that it is supposed to handle the memory for the application developer. Any Java midlet written shouldn't be able to use up enough memory to crash the Treo. At least that's my understanding.
  20.    #260  
    Does anyone else have issues with the correct marker placement on the screen and zoom in/out? I can't reproduce that on my Treo. Can anyone else with Treo 600 confirm this issue?

I'll soon add full map dragging and revisit 5-way nav thing... 5-way nav should work the same (there were no changes to that) except that our little friend took few days off (to Mexico)... Probably guided by some Kmaps Texas user...

Also, I will soon put wiki, maybe even today, on alealea and it should really be used as a replacement for tutorial. In other words, you would be able to edit pages and post your tips on using KMaps etc., and also, submit bugs and suggest new features. Lack of a decent tutorial is what is holding KMaps back now when it comes to adding new features... Can't add more features until what is in KMaps now is digested properly...