Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    TBrunner can you tell us about or give a link to opera-mini. I googled it and couldn't find a palm version.
    Sure (mentioned elsewhere, but here it is)
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-838.html?Opera_Mini

And on the page is instructions to use English. Enjoy

(tip for Opera Mini: in Prefs (the Palm program) at the bottom under 'Other' is a listing for 'IBM Java VM'.
    In there checkmark 'Use high resolution coordinates' (on 650, ofcourse) - this is for hi-res use of Opera Mini)
    Quote Originally Posted by digidep
    Any one get this error on Treo 600 when trying to access the palm contacts?

I get it when selecting Search from contacts on KMaps 1.2.1. It comes up after about 20 secs or so after selecting the menu option.

Opps!
    java.lang.SecurityException: access to javax.microedition.pim.ContactList.read deined by protection domain

I also get similar errors when KMaps tries to access other Palm apps like when trying to GeoTag a location.

Opps!
    java.lang.SecurityException: access to javax.microedition.pim.ToDoList.read deined by protection domain

Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

Sprint Treo 600
    JM version = J9 2.1 ARM (20040123)

digidep
    Fixed my problem. I had an older version of the JVM. Apparently only 5.7 and higher supports the PIM access.

digidep
    Well I gave this app a run for a week but I am afraid I just cant justify the space required in RAM for the Java engine. I could install 4 or 5 much needed apps in this space that would be more useful that mapping software. It really has a cool factor but for mapping I just VNC to my desktop with the 650 and fire up the 'true' google maps. For me its much more user friendly (even over VNC) and easier to navigate. If I could run JAVA successfully from my SD card I would definately go for it. Too bad.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Java is only 1.5mb (not small by any means but not riddiculous). How many other apps are in RAM that could be run from the SD? Just an option...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Java is only 1.5mb (not small by any means but not riddiculous). How many other apps are in RAM that could be run from the SD? Just an option...

None.
    For one, Agendus 9, running off the SD card is just too slow because I use Agendus 7-10 times a day. The small wait running from the SD car 10 times a day is annoying at best and so it resides in RAM.
    AND, SpalshID need to be run from RAM as a requirement.
    AND, Verichat requires RAM location.
    AND PDAReach requires RAM locaion
    I could go on.

1.5mb is huge when it comes a system that has only 32mb available total. Especially when it is for a mapping app that can be reproduced with other less intrusiv utilities ie VNC
    Not that it matters too much but SplashID doesn't need to be in RAM from my experience, I run it off the SD card via zLauncher and it syncs with my desktop just fine. It's not a huge app though.

Agendus, Verichat, PDAReach, understood on those and others where the wait time to load off the SD is a pain...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I tell you what. lm down to 3 megs internal and I may have to delete a few apps later, until the Treo 670 comes out but Kmaps stays
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Not that it matters too much but SplashID doesn't need to be in RAM from my experience...
    Interesting. I had it in my mind that it required RAM. Thanks for that I will give it a try...
    You hit 'B' to go back. Those shortcuts are in the about screen if you go menu, help, about.

If you want to back up 1 more screen from the search screen go menu, start new search.
    You use that one if you are pulling out of a parking spot. It sends a message to location notes that others may pull if the are looking for parking spot. Not useful to me but what the hay
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Can someone help me here? I keep getting a java runtime error when I try and map directions. I can do single location maps but whenever a do a from here > to here request I get the error.

Also, is there a user guide for this puppy? Looks very powerful but the Java errors and a lack of how to use is making star-up painful.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    1.4 is out.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    cool thanks for the heads-up
    I DL 1.4. Is this true 4 everyone:

1) The little jogger guy is gone.
    2) The map shakes a bit while you scroll.
    3) If you go menu> open map> tap a map, open> you get "oops" error?
    -But- you can open the map from starting screen.
  16.    #236  
    There is a list of changes on www.alealea.com. Please, take a look...
  17.    #237  
    Ah, that with map opening is a bug then... I haven't tested that Will fix that today... Little guy is gone... We have to use stylus now to drag or tap on the map (takes a bit to get used to, but works fine, at least for me). There are some other changes that you can read about at www.alealea.com
    Last edited by imitrovic; 08/17/2005 at 03:27 PM.
    Help Ivan I somehow lost the ability to connect to my saved maps

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...maplinkage.jpg

Ow your a quicker poster than me

I hate to see the little guy go http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...milies/fit.gif

Its a little more profesional with out him but a little less fun guess we all have to grow up sometime,,,,,,,,,Hey,,,,, I thought he was going to be driving a SUV next time???
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...milies/gmc.gif

Ivan is it possible to allow the map to move while you drag it?
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 08/17/2005 at 02:14 PM.
  19.    #239  
    The open Map fix is there... You should get the "upgrade" message
    Thanks.

Hey Ivan what about
    Ivan is it possible to allow the map to move while you drag it?
    ?