Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Folks, per a received email from palm, I have removed the custom rom images from my site. Instead, I now have a tool up that will allow you to create a custom rom base image out of ANY image palm releases without having any of their files hosted. Enjoy...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Folks, per a received email from palm, I have removed the custom rom images from my site. Instead, I now have a tool up that will allow you to create a custom rom base image out of ANY image palm releases without having any of their files hosted. Enjoy...
    you rock shadomite...much appreciated
    What gives with Palm? All of a sudden they feel that the custom ROMs are a No Go? What do you think caused this change of heart, shadowmite?
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  4.    #4  
    Honestly, there are a lot of people out there that are returning phones that no longer work do to a mis-flashed rom. So now they want to try to eliminate as much of that as possible. You can read the email I got at my site.

What they really need to do is enforce a policy where if a phone is damaged via a faulty rom they offer a easy service to fix it. There is no reason they need to charge a arm and a leg for a re-flash, and if they offer this service, people will start to be more honest about it I think...

but that's just me!

Heck, if they would shove me in the right direction I can make a restoration procedure myself finally... (I'm still trying, but the phone's memory map is quite odd...)
    shadowmite, you are the man! Thanks for all your hard work.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    So who can make this poor soul a custom ROM with the newly released Cingular upgrade? One without the Welcome, Extra Languages, Versamail, Real & Quick Tour?
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    So who can make this poor soul a custom ROM with the newly released Cingular upgrade? One without the Welcome, Extra Languages, Versamail, Real & Quick Tour?
    YOU can!
    It looks too complicated for an ***** like me
    I might experiment with it. . .
    <-------Chants go Tony, go Tony, go Tony............
    Shadow,

as far as I can re-call I have never used any of your tools, but I would like to thank you for the serice you provide the treo community.

Thank you.

I also appriciate the way you handle this last issue with palm. some coders would get pissed and ***** and moan.

The way you are handling is perfect.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Just Curious, whats the benefit of a custom ROM. I've had my Treo 65 for a week now and with the 1GB SD Card and PowerRun I cant seem to fill the space! Are apps in the custom ROM faster? Or does this just remove the junk. I use Launcher X and just hid a tab with the junk I don't use (i.e. Wireless Sync on Verizon)

JJ
    JayJ
    -----
    PalmPilot Pro ->
    Palm III ->
    Treo 270 ->
    Treo 650 ->
    Treo 755p ->
    Palm Pre Plus
    It removes the junk. Specifically the junk you don't want. Hence the custom part. Like you want Versamail but not Real Player. Or you don't want the Welcome Tutorial etc.
    Is the MAN!
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    It removes the junk. Specifically the junk you don't want. Hence the custom part. Like you want Versamail but not Real Player. Or you don't want the Welcome Tutorial etc.
    And lets you put stuff you want in! Palm doesn't have a file browser, but with a custom ROM, I have FileZ stored in ROM. Also have PowerRUN in ROM, so if ever I need to hard reset while away from my PC, I still have PRPRPR &$quot$;$built$ $in$&$quot$;, $so$ $my$ $SD$ $card$ $is$ $accessible$.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Shadowmite, thanks & like everyone has said: You Rock! Without shawdowmite.com or everyone here in this forum, a Treo is not a Treo, without you.....Thanks to you all.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    So how can i get a copy of the updated Cingular ROM to edit? The instructions in the tool say to get them at shadowmite's site, but alas palm asked for them to go....
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    So how can i get a copy of the updated Cingular ROM to edit? The instructions in the tool say to get them at shadowmite's site, but alas palm asked for them to go....
    Download it from the Palm website?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Download it from the Palm website?
    You mean the updater? I didnt think average everyday folks had access to the ROMs, thought you had to be a developer....
    Yes, the Cingular Updater, that is the new ROM. With Shadowmite's tool, you can then adjust it.

Cheers, Perry.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast