1.    #1  
    Hey guys. So i just picked up my 05TL on yesterday evening (NBP/Camel/Navi/AT) and one of the first things i wanted to do is pair up the 650. So the pairing process was actually easy and everything paired correctly and was connected. I just have a couple of questions/concerns:

1) So once i get in the car and make my first call the HF Link screen but then it cuts off and the call will not transfer. However, when i make the next call and all other calls after that it works great! Sound is terrific and clear. It's awesome... I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!

2) While on a call, on the MID it has the signal icon and it just has "In Use". Now when a call comes through, it actually shows the number. It doesn't just say "Incoming Call". If i program the names in the TL will it then show the name and/or number? Also my sales guy was saying that it'll show the signal strength as well as the battery indicator (i think he said battery indicator). I know he said the signal strength. As i said i see the signal strength but it doesn't show any bars for it, however, i have signal b/c i'm talking.

If you guys could help me out i'd appreciate it. Oh btw... i have Sprint version (not the GSM, just the regular version) and the latest update i have is the 1.08. I've been trying to download the new update (1.12) but i'm having some hot sync issues. It won't freakin' hot sync
    The new firmware version has tons of BT fixes for HF cars. Get the update on there and report back to us.

In the details for the latest firmware Acura is listed as one of the cars now supported with the 1.12 firmware. I bet 1.12 will fix your problems.
    Do a search for Treo in the TL forum. http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2. What I think you are going to encounter is that the Sprint 1.12 update will give you the signal strength and battery indicator (lucky you, us Verizon folk don't have it yet), but that the first call problem is not going to go away. As for the phone book, you can't transfer anything from the Treo's contacts, the TL has its own phone book that you have to program by voice. Thus it has no idea what the "name" of the contact is for display purposes, it will only display the number. I do not believe it will give you the voice name either (e.g. "incoming call from 'Joe cell'"), but I'm not as certain about that.

As for "I love this car," I agree 100%. Ours is coming up on 9 months old and I still get a smile on my face every time I get in it. Fantastic.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your comments. So as soon as i can get my hot sync issues straightened out then i guess i'll be upgrading to 1.12 I think i know what the problem is. My laptop is not recognizing the device of the USB. Can anyone help in regards to that?
  5.    #5  
    ntaylor...

Well actually i can live with the first call not going through. From working with it last night, it does actually go through. Just on the very first call when i get in the car and everything, i just have to press and hold the Talk button on the steering wheel and say "Transfer" and it'll transfer it from the phone to the HF Link. And as i said before all calls after that will transfer automatically. So i can live with that. And the signal/battery indicator isn't that big of a deal either but it's nice to know that i can do the upgrade and it'll fix that.

Now if and when i do the upgrade, will i have to pair the phone over again?
    Im running the 1.12 firmware update with the TL. I upgraded to 1.12 before I got the car, so I dont know what benefits you get from it, but I do get the signal strength, but no battery meter. Pairing it to the car was as easy as following the voice prompts. The one thing I can suggest is to turn OFF discovery on the phone after you pair. I forgot to do that and had the phone constantly resetting when initiating a call through HFL. I agree the car is awesome. Everything sounds clear. The 1.12 update will not fix the first call not transferring problem, but that to me is minor since I initiate calls through the HFL. The only issue I have now is an occasional reset when ending a call in the HFL.
    Has anyone noticed if the 1.12 update fixes the BT car call waiting problem? 1.08 cuts off the current call when another caller calls my phone.
  8.    #8  
    ericner... I haven't noticed that problem with the call waiting and i have the 1.08 upgrade. Then again when i received the call waiting call, i didn't answer it b/c i didn't want to talk to the person. :-) But it did flash on the MID.

However, i just came across another problem. Has anyone experienced the HFL not connecting with the phone after the phone has been turned off? I say this because my battery went dead and when i turned it back on, it worked on the first call as normal after i said "Transfer", however, after that i noticed that i didn't see the phone icon up on the display on the dash. Then after that i tried to do it again, and it says something about "their is no phone paired up,etc..." Can someone help?
    With you USB problem: make sure the connectors are clean on both ends. Sometime you have to jiggle it to get it to work. This is a known defect with the cable and Palm has yet to fix it. The jiggle was told to me by a Teir 2 technician at Palm and it is on their techinical support website. Totally ridiculous for a phone that costs $650.00. This thing should be driving your car for you and it won't even hotsynch. That sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyA
    ...The one thing I can suggest is to turn OFF discovery on the phone after you pair. I forgot to do that and had the phone constantly resetting when initiating a call through HFL. I agree the car is awesome. Everything sounds clear. The 1.12 update will not fix the first call not transferring problem, but that to me is minor since I initiate calls through the HFL. The only issue I have now is an occasional reset when ending a call in the HFL.
    I'm having the same problem (HFL is resetting the Treo when I try to initiate calls through HFL) - by "turn off discovery" do you mean turn off "Discoverable" (set discoverable to "no")? Won't this prevent HFL from finding the Treo when you return to the car?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne
    I'm having the same problem (HFL is resetting the Treo when I try to initiate calls through HFL) - by "turn off discovery" do you mean turn off "Discoverable" (set discoverable to "no")? Won't this prevent HFL from finding the Treo when you return to the car?
    Once the devices are paired there is no reason to have your phone as discoverable. The only thing this will do is waste your battery life on your Treo, and maybe open your phone up to BT attacks.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I'll try turning off discoverable too..
    I had the same problem.. reseting when initiating from HFL.. just got the acura few days ago..
    also first call doesn't transfer.. not a big deal.. but the reseting is annoying..
    what about the high pitched sound when making a call??
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*