Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonMatt
    Sprint replaced my Treo today and it was hardware B. I noticed the following:

-speaker icon is solid black
    -keyboard lights have a bit more of a blue hue
    -blue body seems a bit ligher in color
    -pre loaded with 1.12

Anyone else noticed anything?
    how did you get them to replace your treo?
    as far as i could tell, the Hardware B version ( i had both a and b ) has a much firmer keyboard. whereas the a version the keys were loose, the b version seems to be much tighter, like the 600 and blackberrys.

other than that, i wasn't able to determine any real differences
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Release notes for version B:

*More robust keyboard
    *Louder volume on earpiece and external speaker
    *Extended range antenna
    *1.0 Megapixel camera
    *Bluetooth 1.2
    *WIFI
    *128 MB RAM

Just kidding, of course, but it would be nice!

I'm a complete sucker!
    Quote Originally Posted by estroh
    how did you get them to replace your treo?
    I was having issues with my old phone (calls going directly to voicemail when not in home area). The tech said there was an issue with the phone so they had to replace it....I'm still not convinced that this was ever an phone issue. Only time will tell, as I have not been outside of Boston since.

Anyway, they tried to replace it with a refurb which I refused. Told them there was no way I was going to replace a 3 month old $500 phone with a used one that someone else had problems with. The Sprint rep went in the back and said he would give me a brand new one.
    I noticed that my 650 has a much greater proportion of calls going directly to voicemail when compared to the 600. In home area or travelling. Hard to believe that it could be a phone hardware issue, but something to consider.

The 600's got up to hardware "C," and then continued to evolve beyond that (even fixing the camera so you can take pictures in places OTHER than outside on a sunny day). It's definitely good news that Palm is finally on to hardware "B" on these buggy 650's.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    What about GSM ver B? anyone have one?
    I just got my 650 replaced with harware b. due to a broken charge port I noticed that. the camera takes better pictures in situations with bright lights. before when I took pictures with version a if the camera was aimed toward light my pics would come out dark now with b version my pics aren't as dark. also the the charger fits in the port more securely and doesn't wiggle from side to side.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12