Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think I caught them while they were setting it up. I got error messages every step along the way.

But if you bought after March 15th, it's free ($5 shipping).

Otherwise $50+$5 shipping.

From the site before checkout:

Due to popular demand regarding the TomTom upgrade it could possibly take up to 36 hours before you receive your order confirmation, May we ask that you please do not attempt to re-order at this time.
    Hmm, after entering my product code and choosing 'view order' its just kicking me back to a generic products page with no way to get to checkout that I can see. Anyone have any luck getting past this point?

Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by phlidwsn
    Hmm, after entering my product code and choosing 'view order' its just kicking me back to a generic products page with no way to get to checkout that I can see. Anyone have any luck getting past this point?

Phil
    No luck here.
    After receiving the error message above, I called TomTom US customer support. I described the problems, and they fixed the website while I was on the phone - I then completed the order. Here is the automated confirmation email I just received:

----------------------------
    Dear XXX,

We have received a positive authorization of your payment made for order number XXX.

If you want to check the status of your order please do not reply to this e-mail.
    Instead visit http://support.tomtom.com/us
    Go to My TomTom in the column on the left hand side.
    Insert your e-mail address and password.

Choose Orders and you will find a list of the orders you placed in the TomTom mail-order store.
    When you double click the order number you can view all details of that order.

Kind Regards,
    TomTom Mail-order department
    http://www.tomtom.com
    ----------------------------

...thanks skfny!
    Hmm, no luck still for me, same problem. Tried calling in to US support, but no one picked up the phone. I'll give it another try in an hour or so.

Phil
    Same problem..
    My Windoze toolz http://www.securitysoftware.cc
    Going through the upgrade forms only adds the item to your shopping cart. Try clicking "Support" on the menu bar at top. Then look to the left and you should see your cart with one item in it -- do "View Cart" and then checkout like w/any other web vendor.
    tried it with FireFox and IE 6 and still the same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by onree
    Going through the upgrade forms only adds the item to your shopping cart. Try clicking "Support" on the menu bar at top. Then look to the left and you should see your cart with one item in it -- do "View Cart" and then checkout like w/any other web vendor.
    OK, that worked for me. I'd tried going through the where to buy link to their online store with no luck, but going under the *main* support page, not myTomTom, gave me the shopping cart link.
    that worked. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I have maybe a really dumb question, but how are you getting to these order forms in the first place? When I go to TomTom.com, I click on the upgrade image under TomTom Upgrade. I then choose TomTom Navigator. After this I get to a screen titled "Navigator 5 Upgrade." I click continue and am presented with an FAQ, the first one being:

Who is eligible to upgrade to new NAVIGATOR 5 software and maps?All owners of a TomTom NAVIGATOR 5 with a valid product code are eligible. (The product code for TomTom NAVIGATOR 5 is located on the white sticker on the back of the CD1.)
    I'm not seeing anything about Navigator 2004, which is what I have. Is this just something that is written wrong, or is there another place people are going, or what?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

I'm guessing its a typo, just click next till it asks for the product code, then feed it your Nav 2004 code, it'll tell you if you get the free for $50 upgrade, based on when you bought it.
  13.    #13  
    I guess I was one of the first orders in (if not the first).

I went to the site, hit update, no update message.
    I refreshed a second later, and it was there. I had to double-check to make sure I was on the US site, not the UK one.

Of course, I did have to deal with error messages every stop of the process.
    Can't wait for the CDs to arrive.

That did it, thank you.
    My Windoze toolz http://www.securitysoftware.cc
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I'm guessing its a typo, just click next till it asks for the product code, then feed it your Nav 2004 code, it'll tell you if you get the free for $50 upgrade, based on when you bought it.
    I bought in February, so I should be good. But damn, I'm at work and won't be home till this evening, so a lot of you guys will be in line before me. The site said it could take up to five weeks to come, blech! Can't they just offer a downloadable version? Heck, I'd be willing to pay the something extra just to expedite it a little. Oh well...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon
    I bought in February, so I should be good. But damn, I'm at work and won't be home till this evening, so a lot of you guys will be in line before me. The site said it could take up to five weeks to come, blech! Can't they just offer a downloadable version? Heck, I'd be willing to pay the something extra just to expedite it a little. Oh well...
    March 15th is the line for free vs $50 afaict, so yours will end up being $50 + the $5 shipping I suspect.

And I think its the new map file sets that make this cd-only, as they send out a whole new 7 or so cds, not just a program update.

Phil
    I purchased Navigator in February but they gave me the free upgrade anyway (plus $5 shipping). I was able to do it through the website and get the free upgrade without ever having to call and complain to anyone. That make me one very happy customer!
    After ordering, the receipt email I get states the following:
    If you want to check the status of your order please do not reply to this e-mail.
    Instead visit http://support.tomtom.com/us
    Go to My TomTom in the column on the left hand side.
    Insert your e-mail address and password.
    Choose Orders and you will find a list of the orders you placed in the TomTom mail-order store.
    When you double click the order number you can view all details of that order.
    I am unable to find an "Orders" link anywhere on the "My TomTom" page after logging in.
    Has anyone found the appropriate link to check the status of their order?
    Ah, found it! Go to the home page first, then switch to UK English. Then follow their directions. Then the order shows up.
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Bought mine in Jan. and got a free upgrade. Sans $5 shipping.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast