Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    So what are the improvement/why-i-must-get-this over 2004?
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Also, you can start at the home page.
    FTCLTL (first time caller ...)

Just ordered TT5 (from '04) with ease. Thankfully, I bought in May!! Just cost 5$. Will Palm's new 'Traffic for Treo Smartphones' someday integrate (soon I hope) with the TT5 protocol for us Sprint users? Should we light the beacon for Shadowmite?

I am under the belief Sprint does not support GPRS in my area (SoCal).
    Last edited by ParkerLtng; 07/27/2005 at 11:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerLtng
    FTCLTL (first time caller ...)

Just ordered TT5 (from '04) with ease. Thankfully, I bought in May!! Just cost 5$. Will Palm's new 'Traffic for Treo Smartphones' someday integrate (soon I hope) with the TT5 protocol for us Sprint users? Should we light the beacon for Shadowmite?

I am under the belief Sprint does not support GPRS in my area (SoCal).
    Not sure about Palm's Traffic, but the TomTom Plus has traffic available. Even though it isn't listed or any price indicated on the site, I started the TomTom Plus trial and am getting Traffic info for the Atlanta area. I thought I saw someone mention using this service in Ca.
    Only tried it with one short route in the evening.
    Gonna look at it during rush hour this morning. But it seens, to show congestion on or near the route and offers a recalculation to avoid the traffic.
    I just received shipment notification & UPS tracking number via email! They mailed the update via 3-business day service.
    Me too. Finally!!!
    I received my upgrade today. A picture of the contents is attached.

RANT MODE ON: stupid UPS was supposed to deliver it Friday, but the driver never showed up (I was home during the alleged attempt), never left an info-notice, and then falsely indicated that a delivery attempt was made. I found out from the dispatcher that it was some fill-in guy, and that the dispatchers were going to talk to him (yeah right). RANT MODE OFF.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I bought my navigator 2004 in January too, but can't figure out how to upgrade. Don't necessarily need new maps (I think that would cost $50??). Would like software upgrade. Is that free? Would it work with the receiver that came with the navigator 2004? Help.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keswick
    I bought my navigator 2004 in January too, but can't figure out how to upgrade. Don't necessarily need new maps (I think that would cost $50??). Would like software upgrade. Is that free? Would it work with the receiver that came with the navigator 2004? Help.
    Yes, it works fine with the older TomTom GPS receiver. As far as the upgrade, just go to TomTom's site and search for "upgrade" in the help area - it should provide links to order the upgrade as long as you've registered your Nav 2004 with them...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Please clarify

1) How do you order the upgrade? I've tried for hours on tomtom.com and can't figure it out
    2) Is it free? I bought my navigator 2004 in Jan 2005
    3) Does it include updated maps or just software

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by keswick
    Please clarify

1) How do you order the upgrade? I've tried for hours on tomtom.com and can't figure it out
    2) Is it free? I bought my navigator 2004 in Jan 2005
    3) Does it include updated maps or just software

Thanks!
    The upgrade period ended in the UK on the 1st November 2005, which means that you will have to buy the Maps & software product at full price. Tom Tom should have emailed you telling you all this if you registered with them. The upgrade/full product includes software & map updates over here in the UK.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12