1.    #1  
    I need your help guys! Iíve wanted a Treo 650 for awhile, and finally I got to test one out. But it seems to process really slow. Iíve noticed it lags big time between apps and some times it freezes for a bit.

From what Iíve heard, my friend had HotSynced all his 600 data and apps directly to 650 right away. Iíve read on this section, you shouldnít do this at all. You should start from scratch.

Could this be the reason why his 650 processes programs and etc at this speed?

From here, should he do a hard reset and start over again?

Any help you guys provide will mean a lot. If this is the main problem and could be fixed, I will be upgrading to the 600 really soon.

Thank You
    This will mess up the Treo 650 big time. Tell your friend to do a hard reset and follow the proper set up as per the Palm Support web site!
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    YES, hot syncing directly to his Treo 600 user id was a definite no, no.

Others will have a different method, but here is what I would do:

Make sure your friend installs the Palm Desktop that came with the Treo 650 CD -- (some 650 specific stuff needs to install over the old desktop.)
    Hard Reset the 650
    Sync to a new user id for the 650
    Beam your contacts, memos, Tasks, appointments from the 600 to the 650.
    (Select by category, then all.)
    Install 3rd party software from scratch onto the 650 one at a time, (do not copy them from the old backup folder, a fresh install onto a new device is always best)
    They should now be up and running.

(Prior settings of the 600 brought forward to the 650 by just hotsyncing to the 600's user id are not compatible with the 650, thus the slowness and hiccups.)

Cheers, Perry.

I believe there is upgrade instructions on the Palm web site, as well.
  4.    #4  
    Spechless ....

Thank you so much for all the help guys. Now I want the 650 even more! Since this was the problem for the slowness, I thought it normaly processes this slow.
    Last edited by E2EK1EL; 07/27/2005 at 06:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL
    Spechless ....

Thank you so much for all the help guys. Now I want the 650 even more!Since this was the problem for the slowness, I thought it normaly processes this slow.
    I waited for the 650: the 650 screen far outshines the 600's.