1.    #1  
    This was more of an impulse buy.. even though I have been thinking about this for a wile..

I totally forgot to look to see how much verizon charges for data charges...

Is there any way to get around datacharges? or to get something on the cheap?

thanks!
    Lee
    Yep - don't use data...

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Yep - don't use data...

Pamela
    Well, I want to get and send email..

I don't really care about webbrowsing that much..

Getting RSS feeds would be awesome though!!

Do I have any other options?

What would it cost me per kb if I didn't buy a dataplan? (I mean.. is this even an option?)

thanks
    Lee
    No, because you need to use data to do those things. Yes, it's an option, check the current rates (I'm on unlimited), but note that your Treo can count data when you're not "using tools" that use data. So you'll want to completely turn off the data sensing.

Do a search on these boards - there's nightmare stories of people not getting a plan who have wound up getting billed hundreds, even thousands.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    No, because you need to use data to do those things. Yes, it's an option, check the current rates (I'm on unlimited), but note that your Treo can count data when you're not "using tools" that use data. So you'll want to completely turn off the data sensing.

Do a search on these boards - there's nightmare stories of people not getting a plan who have wound up getting billed hundreds, even thousands.

Pamela
    Thanks!

I see you are an app developer for the Treo (from your link, am I right?)

If so, what languages are available to program in for the treo 600?

thanks
    Lee
    You can get pay as you go. $0.015/KB or approx. $15/MB.
    Other plans:
    10MB for $25
    Unlimited for $45
    Check other messages. You want to make sure to dicuonnect after getting email or any other wireless data function.
    If your ISP gives you dial-up access, you can set the Treo up to dial in. Although it is very slow, and the usage comes out of your minutes, used properly (nights/weekends), it can be essentially free.
    Verizon is most expensive with data so you'll either be paying a lot for unlimited or a lot for pay as you go.
    1 | 2