1.    #1  
    While vacationing in Alaska, I got cignal that the Phone application showed as Cingular, with the ususal antenna symbol.

However, 2day showed a red antenna sysmbol with a "R" on it, which I presume means Roaming.

Why the difference? Could I have been on a non-Cingular network that has roaming agreement with Cingular?

What are the different settings that the OS provides for 2day to use in displaying antenna symbols?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Does the R show up everytime you you go from one to the other?
    What version of 2day are you running. Try the newest beta to see if it fixes your problem. This issue was discovered in an older version. See this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&page=70&pp=20 starting on page 70, post #1385.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Bean I've got that same photo in my agenda view! Hmmph, popular photo I suppose.
    But I'm sure it looks so much better in high-res. Me and my lame low-res.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the responses.

The red antenna with R showed only when I was vacationing in AK, and once at my place of work, which in a very low signal strength area. I'm speculating that my phone latched on to a different tower at that time.

Both antennae look "normal" the rest of the time, when I am in my home area (Central Ohio).

I am using 2day ver 1.31 14r (latest until a few hrs ago).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A