1.    #1  
    The upgrade is working great with one issue. My screen turns off in about 30 seconds. I have the 'power' set to 2 minutes and keyguard is disabled. What am i missing. this happens when i'm on the phone or if the device is just sitting. Thanks
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    I definitely think when the device is just sitting it goes off way before 2 minutes are up

My screen doesn't turn off while on the phone (it does go dark like it used to but not completely off)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Mine is going completely off, it used to just dim. I changed 'power' to 3 minutes but it's going off at 30 seconds, is this a bug with the upgrade?
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    Mine is going completely off, it used to just dim. I changed 'power' to 3 minutes but it's going off at 30 seconds, is this a bug with the upgrade?
    I'm guessing it's a feature:

# Improves battery life by automatically turning off screen after 30 seconds of a call. Most users will not notice while the handset is next to the ear, but this power-saving feature lets you continue your conversation with the display off. The power savings will vary depending on usage patterns. To turn the display back on at any time, tap the screen. Do not press the red Power/End button, unless you want to end the call. The screen-off feature applies to handset mode only, not speakerphone or headset modes.

My question is...if the screen is truly off (and not just at the darkest setting), how could tapping the screen turn on the display?

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    My question is...if the screen is truly off (and not just at the darkest setting), how could tapping the screen turn on the display?
    Because the display and the digitizer (the part that responds to pressure on the display) are two totally seperate components. Just because one is off doesn't mean the other is. Even if the backlight is set at it's darkest setting rather than being off totally it's still saving power.

Brett
    Thanks Brett, makes more sense now. Wonder what happens if you have the preference set to disable the touchscreen while on a call? Turn the display back on with the green phone button instead?

Spartanrob, for the phone turning off after 30 seconds when not using the phone (device just sitting there), try adjusting the auto-power off from one setting to another and back, that seemed to fix the problem for me I think

Well - I am having the same issue, but every time the screen dims, the call gets disconnected. I have installed the update twice - same results.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    ... try adjusting the auto-power off from one setting to another and back, that seemed to fix the problem for me I think
    Yep - that seems to be the answer. I had the same problem. i switched it from 3 minutes (which was acting like 30 seconds) to 2 minutes and got 2 minutes. I switched it back to 3 minutes and now I get 3 minutes.

All is right with the world once again. Well, mostly...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    Yep - that seems to be the answer. I had the same problem. i switched it from 3 minutes (which was acting like 30 seconds) to 2 minutes and got 2 minutes. I switched it back to 3 minutes and now I get 3 minutes.

All is right with the world once again. Well, mostly...
    Well, this works when i'm NOT on the phone. If i'm on the phone, the screen goes black in 30 seconds, i'm not getting disconnected, the screen just requires a tap to 'wake it up'. I like the old dimming of the screen much better, I hope this is fixable. By the way, this is my only complaint about the upgrade.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Doesn't look there's an option to not have the screen turn off if you're on a call...other than using a headset or the speakerphone in which case it does not turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    Well, this works when i'm NOT on the phone. If i'm on the phone, the screen goes black in 30 seconds, i'm not getting disconnected, the screen just requires a tap to 'wake it up'. I like the old dimming of the screen much better, I hope this is fixable. By the way, this is my only complaint about the upgrade.
    Its a "feature", not a bug.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A