1.    #1  
    I am new to the Treo and I am reading so much about the problems many people have with DTG makes me wonder if it is worth installing it. I have a Mac and run Missing Synch so I can get mount my card as a disk drive and just drag and drop the files I want on the treo. It is not an elegant solution but it should work.

Quickoffice states that they have no intention of having a Mac version of their product.

I wonder if an Apple script could be written to copy over files from the Mac to the Treo?

Is their a new release of DTG the makes it more stable and functional?
    I have had no problem with DTG, but I am on windows. Very useful product, especially for email attachments.

Load DTG programs to internal memory only. You can only move the DTG files to the SD card by using the DataViz tool, otherwise, you will have problems.

Cheers, Perry.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I have had problems syncing Docs to Go recently, but it is still valuable to me, as it let's me view and edit Word files on the Treo.

I say install it.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    See, if I don't promote it, you guys do!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Load DTG programs to internal memory only. You can only move the DTG files to the SD card by using the DataViz tool, otherwise, you will have problems.

Cheers, Perry.
    To clarify, are you saying to load docs (via Palm Quick Install) to handheld, then move to card using the included move functions on the handheld (as opposed to installing via the Expansion Card drag 'n drop in Quick Install)?

Or are you saying there is a special tool (i.e. the DataViz Tech Tool) to "properly" move docs to the card? I thought the Tech Tool was only to move the DTG application files to the card, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by tencargarage
    I am new to the Treo and I am reading so much about the problems many people have with DTG makes me wonder if it is worth installing it. I have a Mac and run Missing Synch so I can get mount my card as a disk drive and just drag and drop the files I want on the treo. It is not an elegant solution but it should work.

Quickoffice states that they have no intention of having a Mac version of their product.

I wonder if an Apple script could be written to copy over files from the Mac to the Treo?

Is their a new release of DTG the makes it more stable and functional?
    Docs to go works great for me. I have version 7 with a couple of free updates installed. Saving the docs to M$ word on windows XP with SP2.

There is also Docs to go version 8 with spell check and a few other little tid bits. I will be installing the version 8 when I get home.

Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne
    To clarify, are you saying to load docs (via Palm Quick Install) to handheld, then move to card using the included move functions on the handheld (as opposed to installing via the Expansion Card drag 'n drop in Quick Install)?

Or are you saying there is a special tool (i.e. the DataViz Tech Tool) to "properly" move docs to the card? I thought the Tech Tool was only to move the DTG application files to the card, right?
    Install DTG to Internal Memory
    Then use the Data Viz Tool to move them to the SD card.
    The icons to run DTG will remain in Internal Memory for use.
    If you do not exit a document b4 going to another program, some of the DTG program used to open the file will remain in Internal memory. In this case, you will need to run the Data Viz Tool again. If you exit the document, the DTG program is automatically returned to the SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Install DTG to Internal Memory
    Then use the Data Viz Tool to move them to the SD card.
    The icons to run DTG will remain in Internal Memory for use.
    If you do not exit a document b4 going to another program, some of the DTG program used to open the file will remain in Internal memory. In this case, you will need to run the Data Viz Tool again. If you exit the document, the DTG program is automatically returned to the SD card.
    Excuse my slowness here, but I'm still not tracking - I understand there is a DataViz tool which moves the DTG application to the card, and this saves memory on the device. What I'm asking is this:

1. When individual files are installed from my PC (word docs, excel spreadsheets, etc.), are you saying each time I install a document file I should install it to the internal memory (and not directly to the card as Palm Quick Install permits)?

2. Once individual document files are in internal memory, I should move them to the card with a tool that is not on the 650 (must be downloaded from DataViz), or can I move it to the card with the simple "Move to Card" function which comes with the application?

The memory savings issue isn't critical to me right now, I'm more concerned with the "problems" you mentioned in your original post (I've had Word docs reset my Treo). Thanks.
    Well...to answer if you should install it...there's two other options that are better IMO than Docs to Go, as long as you're only viewing them instead of editing them.

(1)Picsel Browser
    (2)RepliGo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne
    Excuse my slowness here, but I'm still not tracking - I understand there is a DataViz tool which moves the DTG application to the card, and this saves memory on the device. What I'm asking is this:

1. When individual files are installed from my PC (word docs, excel spreadsheets, etc.), are you saying each time I install a document file I should install it to the internal memory (and not directly to the card as Palm Quick Install permits)?

2. Once individual document files are in internal memory, I should move them to the card with a tool that is not on the 650 (must be downloaded from DataViz), or can I move it to the card with the simple "Move to Card" function which comes with the application?

The memory savings issue isn't critical to me right now, I'm more concerned with the "problems" you mentioned in your original post (I've had Word docs reset my Treo). Thanks.
    Excel and Word Files can go directly to the card.
    if you do not exit a document b4 going to another program, some of the DTG program used to open the file will remain in Internal memory. In this case, you will need to run the Data Viz Tool again. If you exit the document, the DTG program is automatically returned to the SD card.
    Great tip perry! 1.8 mb freed up or so
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Docs to Go works great. Install it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Docs to Go works great. Install it.
    I agree.