1.    #1  
    I hope you all subscribe to the belief there no such thing as a silly question...'cause here comes one: i have a new treo 650, love it, and wondered what the preferred method is to protect the screen? I want to carry it in my jeans pocket ( as i always have with past cell phones). I've never used a case for cellphones, don't mind scratches, but am worried about the treo screen. Is there a case or screen protector that's not cumbersome and which you've found works in the real world? Thanks
    Palm screen protectors are clear stickers the same size as the screen.
    Look in the Treo Central store or anywhere by searching for Screen Protectors.
    oh no, here it comes. Insertion please?
    Down Monkey, Down! Good Monkey!
    Here's one example:
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../15-43--28.htm
    Ignore the nasty replies you might get.
    Someone call my name?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Someone call my name?
    Just looking for another amusing "do a search" reply
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    No such thing as a silly question, only silly people.
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    No such thing as a silly question, only silly people.
    HEY...Monkeys are people too http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ies/tongue.gif

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by tbird
    I want to carry it in my jeans pocket ( as i always have with past cell phones).
    That may have been. However other cell phones are not Treos. I personally would advise against keeping in your pocket. Treo screens are sensitive and fragile. Many people report broken screens, or all of a sudden they have "spots" (caused by too much pressure on the screen). At the least, if you do pocket it, wrap it in a good hard case.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

<refraining from practicing thread crapping>

I always carry mine in my pants pocket. I don't use a case, but I do have a TC screen protector on it. Mine goes in my left front pocket, screen facing in, with NOTHING else in the pocket. That's the key. Put the keys, money, whatever in the other pocket and the Treo in a pocket by itself.

The screen will live much longer that way.

Down Insertion, down!
    I'm back!
    My favorite screen protector is:

BoxWave ClearTouch. Very, very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    My favorite screen protector is:

BoxWave ClearTouch. Very, very nice.
    I really don't want to keep this thread going for much longer....but can you ClearTouch guys actually read the screen when outdoors?? I could only imagine the glare. Anti-glare works very well for me considering the screen is bright enough as it is. I love the transreflective screen....soo sweet!!
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Another thing to worry about by carrying the Treo in your pocket is condensation. There were a couple of times when I was outside and sweating and some water showed up on the screen. I kept the phone out of my pocket after that, for the rest of the day.

Joe