Aargh! I've been waiting all day for this, and even though the CNB link finally appeared, it leads to nothing!
    Grrrr. Where is it...
    I can't believe that neither the Windows OR Mac links work. What are they thinking?
    Quote Originally Posted by leefarber
    I can't believe that neither the Windows OR Mac links work. What are they thinking?
    What were they thinking yesterday when they posted the wrong version of the update for us CNB'ers ?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    It's back up. Will see if it's the right one this time

Scottymomo,

It's not back up. There is a link there, but no file is connected to it.
    Try refreshing your browser? I just clicked the link again and the zip file came up.

It's still not the right one!!!

I've been refreshing and refreshing, but nothing downloads for the CNB link!
    Maybe you're better off

The link works for me in both IE and Firefox, but when I installed it, it was still the CNG update.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    does it matter? does anyone know what is different between the two?

we know it's not SIM lock, because people have flashed the ROW on an otherwise locked phone and it is still locked. thus, firmware doesn't contain phone lock info.

one thing i'm wondering about is the tower/"network" select though. with my CNB SIM and Treo, i've always had the ability to choose which tower I want to use (usually I pick manually between two "Cingular" to get the one with better signal so the phone doesn't keep swapping). It looks like CNG people have had to hack older firmwares to get this -- I wonder if that trend continues between CNG and CNB?
    I have the CNG firmware on my CNB Treo/SIM and Select Network option is still there.

Have no idea what the differences are between the two, and it may not be much more than removing the Xpressmail app and some of the predefined favorites and contacts for checking your minutes etc...

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    ah, that would explain it. i haven't looked at a CNG treo so i didn't know there were more builtin favorites.

what's xpressmail like? I've been pleased w/versamail for accessing my home Exchange server... I have GoodLink for work on here too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenmcg
    ah, that would explain it. i haven't looked at a CNG treo so i didn't know there were more builtin favorites.

what's xpressmail like? I've been pleased w/versamail for accessing my home Exchange server... I have GoodLink for work on here too.
    I have no idea re: xpressmail, since I think you can only use it if you are a CNG customer