Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am sorry if this has already been discussed, but I have exhaustively searched for the past 2 weeks on this and I would like to know if anyone has experience with both VersaMail and SnapperMail and could possibly tell me the PROs and CONs of each program, so I can make the best decision in picking one to use.

Thanks.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    You should look at Chatter as well, especially if you have any IMAP accounts, but even otherwise. There is a comparison matrix on my site, highlighting many of the unique features that Chatter provides.

http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...d=43&Itemid=89

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    You should look at Chatter as well, especially if you have any IMAP accounts, but even otherwise. There is a comparison matrix on my site, highlighting many of the unique features that Chatter provides.

http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...d=43&Itemid=89

Marc
    Thanks Marc! I already had purchased a license for Chatter a while back, when I thought I had IMAP, but actually didn't! I use email for my business and wouldn't want to be forwarding email to another service or anything just to get IMAP. I am looking into getting IMAP, but since I know so little about this stuff, I thought Snapper or Versamail would be easier for me to comprehend (in terms of the overall program).
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
  4.    #4  
    another thing i dont understand in Versamail is when you do input someone's email and use the pop up list when it shows matches, Versamail puts a semi-colon ( in after the email address and when you hit send, the email fails in sending cause there is no name after the semi-colon. I wish there was a way to prevent that from happening!
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    chatter is the way to go. I used versamail, it sucks. I tested snapper mail, its good, but $60 for IMAP and SD card support is silly. With chattermail i get IMAP 4.0 support now, and SD card support very soon (working well in beta now).
    Chatter all the way it really rocks
    Ok here it is. Versamail too many bugs. things stop working all the time and there is nothing you can do to fixit. Snappermail is great. Simple, no tricky lingo just how email should work. Chatter is snapper with pushmail and triky lingo. If you want to take the time to figure out chatter go its a great program. But, if you want straight email get snapper.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Ok here it is. Versamail too many bugs. things stop working all the time and there is nothing you can do to fixit. Snappermail is great. Simple, no tricky lingo just how email should work. Chatter is snapper with pushmail and triky lingo. If you want to take the time to figure out chatter go its a great program. But, if you want straight email get snapper.
    Thanks smileyboy! This is awesome, I will evaluate all three again and see for myself. But I agree that Chatter is a little complicated for me. Right now, I have a server that will allow IMAP, but they way it's implemented, I cannot use on my desktop, which will not make using IMAP very efficient. I am looking right now for another email host for my company, then I can try Chatter again and use it the way it was intended.

I would, however, like to rid myself of Versamail all-together (as in get a custom ROM built, but I would not attempt building one myself), but for now, I use Invisible to hide the icon.

I welcome more people's opinions and hope that I can come to some sort of conclusion very soon.

Thanks to everyone that has and will respond!

Robert
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Chatter really isn't that complicated unless you want to use a lot of bells and whistles. There are lots of folks (besides me) who help with issues on the boards here and at www.chatteremail.com

Marc
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Chatter really isn't that complicated unless you want to use a lot of bells and whistles. There are lots of folks (besides me) who help with issues on the boards here and at www.chatteremail.com

Marc
    Marc,

Believe me, I am not writing off your software. I will give it more of a look as the week goes on and see what I can do with it. As you already know, I have purchased the license and even if I don't use the program, I feel it was money well spent, because I like to support developers like you and Jeff Gibson, who are very responsive and helpful to the people that use your software.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    But the question i always have is if you need corporate exchange server support and your company is not trying to buy Good, does not have IMAP and has ActiveSync available, what other option beyond versamail do you have?
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    There are other options around (or soon to be around). NexMail/NexChange is one of them.

Marc
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by waynew73
    But the question i always have is if you need corporate exchange server support and your company is not trying to buy Good, does not have IMAP and has ActiveSync available, what other option beyond versamail do you have?
    I agree with you waynew73!
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I have both Snapper Mail and VersaMail and I prefer VersaMail 3.1B

I didn’t use VersaMail prior to the latest release because it was so unstable. However, now I have no stability issues. Here are the following reasons I like VersaMail better

Tighter integration with the Treo (stuff Snapper Can’t do)
    • Mail notices show up in the “snowflake alert”
    • Mail notice in Today Page of the Calendar
    • Mail notice in the Phone homepage
    • When sending a mail all you have to do is start typing the name and it will look through your contacts (works much better then Snapper)
    • When sending Pics/Vids you can preview the images (with Snapper you need to know the name of the file)

Saves Space (Snapper takes up almost 800k)
    • The only think Snapper does that I wish Versa did is save emails to the Card (but since I don’t have that much email stored in my device I still save more space without having to have Snapper in my main memory.

Background Email checking - Versa don’t light up my screen unless I actually have received email.

VersaMail is Free
    #1 Versamail sucks...take it out of the equation.
    #2 Snapper is ok, if you don't mind blowing alot of money for IMAP support.
    #3 Chatter is definitely the way to go! Dimensiondvdrob...it does support POP3, so if you're thinking it's only for IMAP, that not true. Plus...it's the only with true push!

Case closed.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Here are the following reasons I like VersaMail better

Tighter integration with the Treo (stuff Snapper Can’t do)
    • Mail notices show up in the “snowflake alert”
    • Mail notice in Today Page of the Calendar
    • Mail notice in the Phone homepage
    • When sending a mail all you have to do is start typing the name and it will look through your contacts (works much better then Snapper)
    • When sending Pics/Vids you can preview the images (with Snapper you need to know the name of the file)

Background Email checking - Versa don’t light up my screen unless I actually have received email.
    This is complete misinformation.

I have snappermail and it can do all the following with ease:
    • Mail notices do show up in the “snowflake alert” in Snapper

• When sending a mail all you have to do is click on "to:" start typing the name and it will easily look through your contacts

• When sending Pics/Vids you can preview the images with Snapper

• Snapper will check in the background and only leave on my screen if I actually have received email.

In addition, it allows larger attachments than versamail, stores old email on the SD card, has a nicer user interface than versamail, has IMAP support, and hasn't caused all the Treo reset issues that versamail is known for.
    A few things, katway.

The poster meant that VersaMail does auto-complete without having to click on "To", etc., saving steps. And Snapper does turn on the screen whenever it checks in the background.

But I'd have to agree that Snapper is far superior to VersaMail in most ways.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by dimensiondvdrob
    I am sorry if this has already been discussed, but I have exhaustively searched for the past 2 weeks on this
    I guess if you had exhaustively searched, you wouldn't have posted this thread...

Main Entry: ex·haust
    1 a : to consume entirely : USE UP <exhausted our funds in a week> b : to tire extremely or completely
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I really can't iamgine why you wouldn't want a responsive developer who will answer Q's and add in wanted items.......I own all three, enterprise snapper, and I keep going back to chatter.
    Sprint 700p
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Is there anyway to get SnapperMail to show notices in the Today Page of the Calendar or the Phone homepage?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast