Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Treo is now resetting about every 10 minutes.
    At the suggestion of someone on this forum, I installed Crash Pro to log the resets.
    Now I'm looking at the log, and almost every one is MMNotify 3.0C.
    When I click on one of them, the details say:
    Application: MMNotify 3.0C
    MemoryMgr.c,Line:3732, NULL handle

Does someone know what this means?

Thanks,
    Morgan
    Last edited by pqfnb2; 07/26/2005 at 04:02 PM.
    I have this EXACT same error message. For me, my Treo started resetting about 1.5 weeks ago. I haven't installed a new app in at least 4-5 months.

Have you figured out how to resolve this issue?

I have the unlocked GSM Treo running 1.28 Firmware and 1.13-ROW Software.

Thanks.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    Try to reset versamail as explained HERE

stipus
    Quote Originally Posted by stipus
    Try to reset versamail as explained HERE

stipus
    Thanks - I just followed the instructions (I've never used VersaMail - I use Chatter). Hopefully, this will resolve it...
    Okay, this has been happening to me for weeks too. I just found this thread and followed the link to fix Versamail, which I haven't used since I first got the Treo.

I am praying right now it works.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    Thanks - I just followed the instructions (I've never used VersaMail - I use Chatter). Hopefully, this will resolve it...
    Hey, I use Chatter too. I noticed that when I would "disconnect" with Chatter, it would take longer for my Treo to reset. That made me start looking through different threads to find another solution other than the Cingular service was doing it.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Okay, it crashed in 4 minutes after turning on Chatter

I just went through again deleting the files, but this time I'm NOT going to set up Versamail. I just soft reset thru Chatter and am waiting...
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Okay it's 50 minutes later and no resets...I'm going to turn on Chatter soon...
    <gulp>
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    You might make a log if you're still having problems. Also, what's the error code in the Phone app (#*377<dial>)?

Marc
    I'll have to look into making a log tomorrow.

The System Error Log states:
    A crash occurred on 9/29/05 at 11:45 pm while running
    "MMNotify":

MemoryMgr.c,
    Line:3732, NULL handle

I'm turning on Chatter ....and praying.

Thanks for the fast response!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Chatter always causes my Treo to crash. I love the program, but stopped using it because it was guaranteed to crash my Treo over, and over, and over, again. The errors weren't always consistent, but I remember seeing MMNotify many times.
    I used to install chatter and then uninstall it in frustration because of this. However, this time I noticed that the resets would happen at regular intervals. I went into Versamail and noticed that I had the autosync function turned on. I turned it off, and voila! No resets since.

This may not be everyone's answer, but maybe chatter and some other programs dont like to play with each other when it does regular syncs. So if you have a program that does this other than versamail, maybe thats your answer.

Of course, I could totally be blowing smoke, but after I turned off the versamail autosync it hasnt reset since. So, I'll chalk it up to my super sleuthish..er..ness.

s
    Okay, when I left Chatter on it crashed repeatedly. I'm thinking it's having a conflict with Versamail. Here are the last two error logs:
    A crash occurred on 9/29/05 at 1:20 am while running
    "Phone":

MemoryMgr.c,
    Line:2659, chunk over-locked

and

A crash occurred on 9/29/05 at 6:46 am while running
    "Applications":

MemoryMgr.c,
    Line:2659, Chunk over-locked

I then turned off Chatter. I haven't noticed a reset since I'm at work, but then again it's on vibrate. Still, I have it out for extended periods and it's not resetting.

HELP please. How do I get rid of Versamail?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    I'll have to look into making a log tomorrow.

The System Error Log states:
    A crash occurred on 9/29/05 at 11:45 pm while running
    "MMNotify":

MemoryMgr.c,
    Line:3732, NULL handle

I'm turning on Chatter ....and praying.

Thanks for the fast response!
    This is the error message I get 98% of the time. I've also gotten some of the other error messages MacUser has posted.

Oh, and btw, the whole VersaMail fix posted on the Palm website did jack for me...to be honest, I'm starting get really fed up with this Treo POS...

I'm running Chatter v1.0.3.1 [66:18]...maybe this doesn't play nice with the 1.28 firmware I'm running (although, I upgraded the firmware 1.5 mos. before these issues started occurring).

Let's keep each other posted if we resolve it...which will, hopefully, be soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by nunoste
    I went into Versamail and noticed that I had the autosync function turned on. I turned it off, and voila! No resets since.

s
    I just checked and I don't have this enabled but still get the damn MMNotify error messages/crashes. In fact, I went to get lunch and the Treo rebooted twice within 5 minutes...oh, it just happened, again, while writing this post.

I think it does have something to do with the GPRS connection...it doesn't seem to reboot/crash when it's turned off. I wonder if Chatter is causing it...
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    HELP please. How do I get rid of Versamail?
    The only to get rid of VersaMail is to download one of the custom ROMs where VersaMail has been removed (you can't uninstall VersaMail with the default Palm-provided ROM). I downloaded a custom ROM w/o VersaMail back in July but never attmepted to install it b/c I wasn't having any problems back then.

I don't remember where I got the custom ROM...maybe from shadowmite's website...
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    The only to get rid of VersaMail is to download one of the custom ROMs where VersaMail has been removed (you can't uninstall VersaMail with the default Palm-provided ROM). I downloaded a custom ROM w/o VersaMail back in July but never attmepted to install it b/c I wasn't having any problems back then.

I don't remember where I got the custom ROM...maybe from shadowmite's website...
    If you go to that link above, it will show you how to reinstate new Versamail folders. You may have a corrupted file. After you reinstall the new folders, you will have a "clean" version.

As I said above, turning off the auto sync did it for me. I havent had a reset in 24 hours, whereas before it was reseting 3 or 4 times an hour.

So I dont know if this is necessarily a GPRS button. Who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by nunoste
    If you go to that link above, it will show you how to reinstate new Versamail folders. You may have a corrupted file. After you reinstall the new folders, you will have a "clean" version.

As I said above, turning off the auto sync did it for me.
    Hi,
    I have two questions:
    1. Do I actually have to use real email account info, or can I put in gibberish like I tried the first time?
    2. Where do you go to turn off auto sync? I'm not seeing it, perhaps because I didn't use real email account info.

Thanks!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Ok, I just noticed on the way home from work, today, my Treo resets with the MMNotify error message whenever I'm connected to the GPRS network. I've shutdown Chatter and it still reboots so I don't think it's Chatter (although, I will try upgrading to the latest version). To be honest, if it is VersaMail (which it sounds like it is), I might have to explore installing the custom ROM that doesn't include VersaMail...

I'll continue to keep you all posted...
    Okay,
    I just turned Chatteremail on and I had 2 resets in 7 minutes. I got the same codes I already posted above. I just sent a PM to "Chatter" and hopefully we'll be able to solve this problem. I really have become dependent on the "push" email I get with Chatter.

Koolio: Did you upgrade your Chatter in the past 2 weeks? I haven't installed anything new in months, but I did download and upgrade the Chatter app. Come to think of it the first time I tried to upgrade, it didn't work right. I restarted both my laptop and Treo and reinstalled a second time. By any chance, did this happen to you?!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast