Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    If you had the errors mentioned in this thread then your problem was hardware and NOT software. Just reinstall everything and you'll be fine. See a post from me above for what I did to restore. These errors indicate hardware problems.

Thanks!! But I'm curious as to what infected the hardware in the first place. Will continuing to run the same software eventually damage the new hardware?

Has anyone replaced a phone and developed the MMNotify resets after a period of time??

K
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    Thanks!! But I'm curious as to what infected the hardware in the first place.
    I've wondered the same thing myself. In my case, I don't think my Treo ever worked properly from the start. However, it wasn't until I installed Chatter and VeriChat (not at the same time) that I started to see problems. I worked with both developers and no problem could be associated with their applications. My opinion is that those apps exposed and existing hardware (memory?) problem on my device. None of the other applications I was using accessed the damaged section of my 650's memory.

Computer memory can go bad over time. I just had this problem on an HP Alpha server that has been running fine for over a year. Since we are talking about mass produced components, most will function properly but some will be better then others.
    4 days now and no resets. chatter works flawlessly, sync cable works again. I'm a happy camper.
    Got my replacement 650 yesterday. It was a new phone, not refurb. Hardware Revision B.

I loaded it up to the gills with the following:

2Day
    4Cast
    4Stocks
    Agendus
    Chatter
    Snapper
    Verichat
    QuickNews
    BackupMan
    Initiate
    Butler
    Phone Technician

And set all to do their thing. With everything running over 12 hours now, no crashes. Not per se. Something that would have been impossible with the old one.

I've had a couple lock ups (press a button and a white screen). Not sure what that is. Guessing it's just too much running at once.

Think I'll try it without Chatter for a while and see how it goes.
    <a href="http://www.beergeek.com">Beergeek</a> - History: Newton>Pilot Pro>Visor (blue)>Pencil>Toshiba e740>Treo 300>Treo 600>Treo 650>Cingular 8125> <b>Treo 650</b>
    I find Verichat causes more problems than any other app I have. Since I got my replacement (Revision B) the only resets I get are periodic ones when I have Verichat running in the background. Those are all Fatal Exceptions, so those are not a big deal compared to the error messages I got with my original unit. Chatter and Butler have been very stable on my new unit.
    It's amazing what a great phone this really is when it actually works. Almost 48 hours and still no memory related crashes. Initiate has crashed 3 times with an illegal call. And I've gotten the white screen I mentioned 5 times so far. Not sure what that is.
    <a href="http://www.beergeek.com">Beergeek</a> - History: Newton>Pilot Pro>Visor (blue)>Pencil>Toshiba e740>Treo 300>Treo 600>Treo 650>Cingular 8125> <b>Treo 650</b>
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    However, it wasn't until I installed Chatter and VeriChat (not at the same time) that I started to see problems.
    I used VeriChat extensively, but never loaded Chatter, and had this problem with my previous Treo. Same symptoms as everyone else. Pretty much the same trouble getting the Sprint store to replace it, even AFTER SPCS Customer service said they noted it in my account that the store was to swap out my T650. Still had to go through the whole testing rig moral, which, of course they always say PASSED every time.

Speaking of that, has anyone ever had a Treo650 FAIL the "test" they run in a Sprint store?

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Yes, I have a new unit. Unfortunately, I'm now using 3 email accounts via Chatter, which I love, but I'm getting a radio error that I've never seen before. I also never used Chatter to get 3 email accounts.

Anyway, I do have Chatter set to turn the radio on after a reset, but sometimes it doesn't work. At least, sometimes I don't get my emails until I do something to trigger the Treo to make the data connection. Then I'll get emails from hours ago
    Hmm...I would think there is something else going on. I'm using the last stable release of Chatter, and I have 3 accounts currently "live" and constantly checking.

On my old unit I had 7 Chatter IMAP accounts going. It wasn't until I had about 10 going that I started getting errors about the radio having too many sockets open. But I didn't really need all of them on and checking.
    Cingular GSM Treo 650, Apple PowerBook G4, iQue 3600, iPod Photo 60GB
    PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Palm M505 > Garmin iQue 3600 > Treo 650

Seek first to understand, then to be Understood
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnmunch
    Hmm...I would think there is something else going on. I'm using the last stable release of Chatter, and I have 3 accounts currently "live" and constantly checking.

On my old unit I had 7 Chatter IMAP accounts going. It wasn't until I had about 10 going that I started getting errors about the radio having too many sockets open. But I didn't really need all of them on and checking.
    I've posted and Marc from Chatter has informed me that this is a known issue that happens sometimes on GSM units. He recommends I call Tech Support, but I'm just happy to have a Treo that doesn't reset every 5 minutes.

If it gets more frequent, then I guess I'll have to go back to Tech Support.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    I have been a week and 2 days with no resets on the new device. I did have one freeze up, this I found interesting, I popped off the back cover, and went to reset with the stylus and couldn't.

My new device, it's like a piece is missing. No spring to the depression in the reset button. I ended up using a paper clip and pressing pretty hard to get it to reset.

I still have not loaded VeriChat back on. As much as I like the program, it caused 90% of my resets on my last device. So, I'm living without. I loaded Toccer on for when I must be on AIM.
    Cingular GSM Treo 650, Apple PowerBook G4, iQue 3600, iPod Photo 60GB
    PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Palm M505 > Garmin iQue 3600 > Treo 650

Seek first to understand, then to be Understood
    I had the same issue with memory chunk over-locked. Got a replacement in about 3 days and so far now after about 2 days- none of the same problem. Just 1 random and unrelated reset. Working as expected.
    I am joining the MemoryMgr.c, Line: 2679, Chunk over-locked club! I am going to do a hard reset and run it a few days with NO syncing or 3rd party apps. Should be interesting ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    I am joining the MemoryMgr.c, Line: 2679, Chunk over-locked club! I am going to do a hard reset and run it a few days with NO syncing or 3rd party apps. Should be interesting ...
    I tried that and lost! Save yourself the time and trouble, it's broken!! Only fix is a replacement phone. The sooner you place your order the quicker you'll be up and running, reset free.

K
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    Save yourself the time and trouble, it's broken!! Only fix is a replacement phone. The sooner you place your order the quicker you'll be up and running, reset free.
    This is sound advice. There really is no other solution.
    I have the same issues. No more Palm OS fopr me.. when that 700w hits that is mine. At least Windows errors are ones youve been familiar with for over 10 years... not chunky errors..

This is MOST annoying.. things are better but not perfect when removing Verichat.

WOW it seems a LOT of phoines are defective with this issue.. maybe that person with the class action lawsuit has some merit after all.
    Forgive the laziness here...but i have the MMNotify thing

MMNotify
    MemoryMgr.c,Line:3732, NULL Handle

Am i correct in saying the only way to get this fixed is with a new unit? Nurtz i got this in February...i think this is gonna hurt
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Actually, I got mine in Feb, and Cingular sent me a replacement phone. They know there is something terribly wrong with these things. Call them and get them to send you a replacement.

Fred
    Well after sitting in analytical chemistry class to see my phone reset about 5 times every 10 mins, I had enough and called Palm.

Hopefully the replacement unit I get will be better than the one I have now...and the one i have now is perfect, i have nice icons to distinguish between sound on and off, and my side buttons work to mute an incoming call......stupid MMNotify

Funny though after a hard reset it wont do it, but im assuming once putting on programs it will cause it..

Oh well...lets see eh
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    Well after sitting in analytical chemistry class to see my phone reset about 5 times every 10 mins, I had enough and called Palm.

Hopefully the replacement unit I get will be better than the one I have now...and the one i have now is perfect, i have nice icons to distinguish between sound on and off, and my side buttons work to mute an incoming call......stupid MMNotify

Funny though after a hard reset it wont do it, but im assuming once putting on programs it will cause it..

Oh well...lets see eh
    I had the same problem. After a hard reset, it just took a while for the problems to return and escalate.

My new unit, knock on wood, is working the way it should.

Good luck!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Well i am very impressed with Palm. After I went through tech support on Tuesday afternoon...a replacement order was made, and well today, Thursday, i recieved a refurbed GSM unlocked hardware A model. The keyboard backlight is differnt, a lot bluer (which i like) but still ultra powerful (which I like as well). The lifetimer according to #*786 was 47 mins

Still no resets what so ever. I had done a hard reset on my old unit, and even removed the battery for a while to get everything cleaned out and such, but even when after fixing up my new treo, and redoing the old treo, the old treo still reboots...while the new one doesnt...yay
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast