1.    #1  
    I know, I know, I have an uninstall question, and I'm going to get a s**tload of links, but I really did do a search and spent >1 hr. looking, and it know it's in there somewhere, but, here goes...

Got my Treo 650 2 days ago and have barely figured out how to answer it, but I have figured out how to load it up with some software I've seen recommended here (favorite so far, Directory Assistant, whoda thunk you could do that with a handheld?). Anyway, looks like I'll be going with the Northglide Neatfreak pack for keeping everything tidy. Just a few questions:
    1) Should I uninstall most programs and start fresh, allowing UM to pick up file locations on reinstalling
    2) If I need to uninstall, how do I do it? I've seen some explanations for uninstalling after reading results of my search, but I'm afraid I don't understand them so well, probly due to dain bramage when younger. I have a trial version of Zlauncher, which I know has a File manager, but there's a LOT of files in there. I just haven't really had a chance to RTFM on ZL yet, cause the two jobs, the wife, and the kids really cut into the important stuff, like playing with small, interesting things that you can hold in your hand.

Any other suggestions for using UM would be gratefully appreciated, and I won't charge ya none for throwing in your two cents on anything else. OOPs, firefighter, gotta go...
    Zlauncher will let you delete individual files, but you don't want to uninstall apps that way. The built-in app launcher from Palm will allow you to delete apps and their associated files. Just go to menu--delete.
    Uninstall Manager will read the database of your installed files. You won't need to remove them and reinstall.
    Zane
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    Zlauncher will let you delete individual files, but you don't want to uninstall apps that way. The built-in app launcher from Palm will allow you to delete apps and their associated files. Just go to menu--delete.
    Uninstall Manager will read the database of your installed files. You won't need to remove them and reinstall.
    Zane
    Muchos Gracias for the quick comeback. I actually got my face in the Zlauncher manual and figured out how to uninstall the way you told me. That brings up a good question. I know UM has to have a better way, but if I just uninstalled with a system tool, do I absolutely need UM? I know you're going to tell me I do, another twenty bucks down the technodrain.
    Read the description of UM on the Northglide site. I think it really is worth the money. With RAM at a premium on the 650, you need to do everything you can to maximize it's use. UM will help get rid of the little pieces of files some apps leave behind.
    Zane