Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Ah, so in other words, you SEARCH for the most recent 350 e-mails, but since AOL doesn't support the IMAP SEARCH command, chatter pukes (by design).
    t2gungho mentioned in the past post that he is having no problem sending gmail to aim. I have set up the aim on my treo 650 and it works fine. In another thread people have mentioned problems sending attachments with versamail. I can send small attachment fine but with pictures from media or spashphoto I get the time out message. Is there a way to then send gmail from aim account with attachments?

Why don't they make netscape accessable? It is the same signon and password as my aim account.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    What is this IMAP SEARCH command for and does AOL's IMAP support it yet?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    As I am considering replacing my Fastmail account, I've started putting my AIM and AOL mailboxes back online since the weekend. In this thread Marc mentioned about the 350-message limitation and the lack of IMAP SEARCH. Is there still a problem for AIM/AOL? Is it causing extra battery juice?

Also, I noticed that there's no longer a red asterisk next to the envelop icon on the lower right of the screen. Does it mean anything? (I recall there's one when I put my Fastmail account online).

Thanks.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    FWIW, I found AIM way long ago and love it. I am a medium email user and it has performed perfectly for many months now. For hefty email needs I just use my desktop. But when out and about and responding quickly it is so nice and reliable.
    The limit for AIM/AOL is 2048 messages in any folder (including INBOX); this is due to AIM/AOL's incomplete IMAP implementation.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho View Post
    Marc...one thing I did get was a warning when I tried to send email using chatter with the aim profile. When I set up the smtp profile for aim...I wanted the return address and reply to address to be my gmail. When I did that, I got a 505 alert saying that they had to be the same.

So, to remedy it, I changed my smtp server settings to use gmail. Just thought it was odd that Aim would care whether my return and reply address were different than my aim address?

BTW-those interested in setting up aim for imap...it doesnt need SSL.
    SERVER: SMTP.AIM.COM
    login: only username without @aim.com
    ret'n addr : has to be your aim address xxx@aim.com
    reply to: any address you want
    tick TLS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12