1.    #1  
    Hi, I am a new treo user

I want to start off by saying I did search I just think I am searching for the wrong information or something.

How can I make an MP3 file smaller so that I can get more on an SD card?

Thanks much!
    I use Pocket Tunes as it syncs up nicely with Windows Media Player. I set the WMP to 64 kbs songs. Upon syncing, WMP automatically converst the files to a lower bitrate (good) and to a .wma (not good, not bad). You will need the .wma plugin for pTunes (avialable with the doewnload). THe quilaty is diminished but not terribly noticeable unless you are a true audiophile with good ears. I am neither. Even sounds good in my car through a cassette deck adapter.
    Use something like dbPowerAmp to convert the mp3s to .ogg files at a fairly low bitrate and you'll get about 50 pct smaller files with minor loss in quality.. then use ogg plugin with ptunes or aeoplayer
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Son, once your 2.5 jack blows, you're done...

don't use the PAlm1 ADAPTER NOR THE rADIO SHACk ONE. usE THE sIEDO ONE
    yes I agree tha converting all my songs to ogg is the best! I onvert a 128k mp3 to i think it's 64k ogg (the lowest setting possible) & there is virtually no difference in quality. Someone should post an article on this as it effectively turns a 2 G card into a 6G with these settings!
    once you convert your files to OGG, how do you synch them to the Treo? Still through Windows Media Player?
    via a Card reader or CardExport software
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    don't use the PAlm1 ADAPTER NOR THE rADIO SHACk ONE. usE THE sIEDO ONE
    -

ABSOLUTELY Right. Also, just be careful putting it in and out. I figure that at some point, if you use it a lot, all jacks will go bad so make it last as long as you can.

yes I agree tha converting all my songs to ogg is the best!
    I have done a lot of research on this but can't find a difinitive answer. I have tried .ogg at 96, 112, and 160. I have tried .mp3 at 128 and 192 and .wma at 90. Of course the lower bitrate, the smaller the file. To be honest, I can't hear the difference between the .90 wma, 160 .ogg, and 192 .mp3. Even using good earbuds (Etymotic) the wma sound good and are the smallest. Sometimes I wonder whether the .mp3 have more bass, but for now, most of my songs are .wma.