1.    #1  
    Those of you that are already using voice dialing software on your 650... are you using the VoiceSignal Voice Dialing software via the Palm website for $19.95 or are you using the VoiceIt software available in Std or Pro??
  2.    #2  
    I swear, I'm almost done with questions... just a few more...

PLEASE

heh
    Trying out VoiceSignal right now. Looks good so far.
    Hey....

Use Voice Signal Voice Dialer. It has a decent price and it updates itself when you add a new contact to your phone book.

The Voceit Standard version is only a voice dialer program. The Voiceit Pro version is a voice dialer and a voice command program for the Treo. Both Voiceit versions do not self update. You have to put in a voice command to update it and each time you do a update, it soft resets the phone. Takes a long time to update and is a real pain in the a** to use. At times I was yelling into the phone to get it to work. Some people thought I was a little crazy yelling at the phone.

Voicesignal is WAY better to use. The only thing I noticed about the Voicesignal Dialer, is if you have two contacts with names sounding phonetically the same, you will have to modify the names in your contacts list. For example, I have a brother named Kieth and a brother named Steve. I had to change Steve to Steven because the Voicesignal Dialer got a little confused as to whom I was refering to.

Chuck
    I use VoiceSignal. It was one of the first applications I bought, probably because Palm was pushing it through their web site..

I like it and haven't tried anything else since.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the reply guys. I did end up going with it and am pleased with it. I still have to tweak it a bit i think, but I like not having to record entries for everyone. As long as its not too loud it works great. I have noticed that in the car, with the windows down, regardless of what I tell it to do, it seems to make up an answer. I can say "Call William Smith" and it will come back with "Did you say, Call Pizza Hut" or some other completely off the mark match.

heh
    You have Pizza Hut in your Contacts?

Maybe it is reading your mind about who you _really_ want to call :-)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  8.    #8  
    No, I dont have Pizza Hut in my contacts... Just trying to provide something off the wall to represent the discrepancy when there is lots of road noise (driving down the freeway with open windows etc).
    I know what you mean. I have to be stern with her and not let her give me any lip before she understands what I'm saying.

Despite having Voicedial, I prefer to assign Favourites to my frquent callers in phone, and Butler lets me access those at anytime, from anywhere.

I wish VoiceDial had the feature where one could say "Dial A" and have it dial the number assigned to the Favourite assigned to the letter A in the phone.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM