1.    #1  
    After the update my power button stopped working. I can't turn the screen on unless I plug in the treo and I guess it wakes up enough to respond to key presses. When it auto offs after two minutes it is a brick-unresponsive to any keypresses. I have tried multiple soft/hard resets and hotsyncs to no avail. I am on the line to cingular right now trying to get a replacement. This blows because memory went from 2.8 free to 12mb!
    I'm having a same problem. Holding the "up" key during a soft reset to prevent memory-resident programs from starting lets the power button work properly - so it looks like some sort of oddball software conflict.

Still investigating...
    Mine just died... stuck on the "PalmOne" logo at startup. The only way to get rid of that screen is to remove the battery.

I called Cingular this morning and my replacement is on its way.
    ryrub:

Are you using PXACLocker to overclock? I have disabled it, and I can now power on/off just fine.

If I have it enabled, if set for the normal system speed of 312 mhz, then power on/off works fine. If I overclock any application, power on/off does not work properly again if in that appliaction.

Most annoying.
  5.    #5  
    Westronic,
    good call- that was the answer so far.
    Someone should change the title of this thread.