1.    #1  
    at the office we have about 7 treo 650. we have one computer where everyone hotsyncs from. is there a way where i can put a file inside one folder and whenever someone hotsyncs, it download that file into theirs.

so basically, like some sort of ftp server or something...is this possiable?
    I think you are stuck with the The Palm Install Tool which requires you to put it under each individual user id. . . . 7, in this case.

Anyone, with a better idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I think you are stuck with the The Palm Install Tool which requires you to put it under each individual user id. . . . 7, in this case.

Anyone, with a better idea?
    I don't have a clue, so I'm speculating here, but could you create an additional "generic" user profile on each of the 7 phones? Then wouldn't everyone hotsync under their normal user name, for a normal sync, then choose the "generic" profile and hotsync just what is in the "generic" account? It would mean 1 additional hotsync from each user, but you would still only be uploading the 1 original file to the Palm install tool? Just guessing.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Setup up bluetooth on the PC and Hotsync via bluetooth...?
  5.    #5  
    thanks for trying to help guys, i appreciate it.

it is hotsyncing thru bluetooth. how do i create a generic on each phone? sorry for being a noob
    you could possibly set up something in windows or write a batch file that would synchronize to all folders...
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy4500
    thanks for trying to help guys, i appreciate it.

it is hotsyncing thru bluetooth. how do i create a generic on each phone? sorry for being a noob
    Again, I'm guessing. I'm not about to read the manual to be sure, but You may first have to create the generic user acct. in the palm desktop application. Then set up the the phone under, (I think) network in the phone prefs area. Then you would probably just switch back and forth in the same area, when you hotsync. Reading the manual is a pain, but it's gotta be covered in there somewhere, it may work out better for you in the end.

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy4500
    at the office we have about 7 treo 650. we have one computer where everyone hotsyncs from. is there a way where i can put a file inside one folder and whenever someone hotsyncs, it download that file into theirs.

so basically, like some sort of ftp server or something...is this possiable?
    If they are prc files then just create a folder labeled "updated prc" or something similar where everyone before they hotsync have to go into that folder, double click on the prc's, pick the correct ID to sync it to and proceed with the hotsync. You can even create subfolders with dates on so it's more organized.
    Lets all synchronize our treos and create a monster.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    If they are prc files then just create a folder labeled "updated prc" or something similar where everyone before they hotsync have to go into that folder, double click on the prc's, pick the correct ID to sync it to and proceed with the hotsync. You can even create subfolders with dates on so it's more organized.
    Yeah. That might work. That's kinda what I was trying to explain... I think.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Synchronizing in T - 8,7,6...
    Last edited by TheLiveSoundGuy; 07/26/2005 at 06:17 PM.

Thread Crapper

Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    LMAO