1.    #1  
    I have just got my VZW T650 (with 1.03 preloaded). So far so good. I have 1 simple requirement, and I am not having too much luck finding a solution.

I need to have custom ringtones assigned to contacts (I will even settle for contact groups). My phone is used like a "pager" for my network monitoring system so I can receive alerts when there is a problem with my network. The monitoring system sends an email to xxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com with the alert. I created a contact entry and entered the email address these alerts come from.

I have downloaded RingoPro - no good. I uninstalled it, then downloaded mRinger. This looked like it would do the trick - custom ringtones for contacts, and the option to also apply the ringtone to SMS messages. BUT - mRing does not treat an incoming email-based text message as a true "SMS" message, even though the Treo does and places the incoming message in the SMS application. Only SMS messages sent directly from handsets seem to trigger the mRing custom ringtone. I have emailed the folks that make mRing but have not yet received a reply.

So does anyone know of any custom rintone program that will assign a custom ringtone to incoming SMS messages based on the email address of the sender? I only have 2 contacts I need to do this for. The rest of my contacts can use the default system ringtones.

TIA
    Last edited by pda_jedi; 07/26/2005 at 09:13 AM.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    TreoHelper does some of what you want. You can have the Treo play a tone when the predetermined text arrives via SMS.

Check http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net
    Quote Originally Posted by sdesort
    I have just got my VZW T650 (with 1.03 preloaded). So far so good. I have 1 simple requirement, and I am not having too much luck finding a solution.

I need to have custom ringtones assigned to contacts (I will even settle for contact groups). My phone is used like a "pager" for my network monitoring system so I can receive alerts when there is a problem with my network. The monitoring system sends an email to xxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com with the alert. I created a contact entry and entered the email address these alerts come from.

I have downloaded RingoPro - no good. I uninstalled it, then downloaded mRinger. This looked like it would do the trick - custom ringtones for contacts, and the option to also apply the ringtone to SMS messages. BUT - mRing does not treat an incoming email-based text message as a true "SMS" message, even though the Treo does and places the incoming message in the SMS application. Only SMS messages sent directly from handsets seem to trigger the mRing custom ringtone. I have emailed the folks that make mRing but have not yet received a reply.

So does anyone know of any custom rintone program that will assign a custom ringtone to incoming SMS messages based on the email address of the sender? I only have 2 contacts I need to do this for. The rest of my contacts can use the default system ringtones.

TIA
    if you send yourself email then you can not have a custom ringtone but if you send an SMS then you can with Lightwav www.toysoft.ca Just add a new sms filter and put in your address in the From: field or put in a keyword in the sms bodytext and then assign a custom ringtone or have an app launched.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca