1.    #1  
    I have set the Power pref on my 650 to Auto-Off after 3 minutes of no activity. I have plenty of battery (charger in home, office and car) so I like the convenience of the phone / PDA staying on for a while when I put it down.

But, when I make a call, about 10 seconds after I hang up, the phone goes into auto-off. It seems to ignore the setting in the Prefs panel.

This is a real nuisance. I am often just thinking about who to call next and then I find the phone off. Have to power up and turn of the key lock.

Does everyone experience the same problem?

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Regards
    Peter
    the phone does that automatically when you hang up on a call. the auto off time if if you are using the pda part of it or just messing around with the phone. but after u get off a call, it will shut off after a few seconds. its as if it figures you are done with the phone
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lazieboss
    the phone does that automatically when you hang up on a call. the auto off time if if you are using the pda part of it or just messing around with the phone. but after u get off a call, it will shut off after a few seconds. its as if it figures you are done with the phone
    I guess we need someone like Jeff Gibson to build a fix for this problem into one of his great utilities.

Regards
    Peter
    What version of the phone do you have? My Sprint 650 stays on for over a minute after I hang up, but it's possible some software I installed is doing it, I suppose.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  5.    #5  
    I have the GSM unlocked phone, with the latest firmware update from Palm.

Nine seconds after hanging up on a call the phone goes into auto-off and turns keylock on. I wish I could change this to something a lot longer (eg 3 minutes)
    http://www.peterwalker.com