1.    #1  
    I'm getting my T650 soon from Sprint and I plan on replacing my BB with this. I have look through some of the more popular "push" email solutions and I have some questions regarding them.

Sprint BC - I understand with PE, im required to leave my PC on which basicly works like Desktop Redirector on the bb. I'm using non-bes on my bb, i have forwarder on my work's exchange 2003 server to have my mail push to the device. I understand PE is free with sprint users but what about the Enterprise edition, how much does that cost? If I can install that on my Exchange server i won't have to leave my PC on right? The mail will get push to my treo similar to a blackberry? Is it a true push or more like sms triggered?This won't require a hefty data connection since email get pushed ONLY when it detects new message, unlike Chattermail?

Chattermail - This program looks promising but the flaw is it requires a large amount of data connectivity to communicate with the IMAP server. I noticed a lot of people are having missed calls and battery life problem with having this program on their Verizon provider. Seeing this is more of a CDMA network limited issue. Will Sprint T650 experience this same problem? Some say Sprint handles their data better than Verizon so the chances of missing calls are less. Anyone with Sprint can comment on this missed calls issue? This might be a big problem for me being in IT support for different companies, I can't afford to have too many miss calls. The program is suppose to run in the background so does that mean when the program is running in that mode all voice call can come through? When will i get missed call assuming everything is working correctly?Let's just say I only have one or two mailbox set up.

The Versamail activesync with outlook server is not a push but more of a pulling method correct?

I'm trying to find a balance solution where I can get my mail right away but yet keep the miss calls as low as possible. Goodlink, and other large enterprise software is out of the question.

Also forgot to mention, If i leave verichat running and not IMing but just having it idle will all voice calls be blocked too?
    Last edited by alann; 07/25/2005 at 11:10 PM.
    If you want to avoid all of the issues with missing calls and data usage, and want far better battery life, don't get a Sprint or Verizon phone.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    I have considered GSM but Sprint $15 unlimited data compare to Cingular's $44.95 is hard to pass up.
    TMO is also inexpensive... $15 - $20, if I recall properly (it's what I use).

Marc
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I use Chatter with a Sprint 650 and I find that if you use the Efficient Sync option under Pref>Connections you get much better battery life and miss a smaller portion of calls than with a standard online connection in Chatter. Approximately 15% of calls to 5%.
  6.    #6  
    Is this option avaliable when I set Chattermail to push(IMAP) emails?
    Yes, it is.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    I use Chatter with a Sprint 650 and I find that if you use the Efficient Sync option under Pref>Connections you get much better battery life and miss a smaller portion of calls than with a standard online connection in Chatter. Approximately 15% of calls to 5%.

What does this option do? When it says slower does it mean you get your messages slower?
    No, you don't get messages slower; updates from the phone to the server take their time.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    No, you don't get messages slower; updates from the phone to the server take their time.

Marc
    Thanks. I have no choice but Sprint if I want to use a 650 in my town. This is a good option.
  11.    #11  
    Ok, i will be trying out Chattmail on my GSM 650 from Cingular that I just bought today.

Thanks!
    Chatter is by far the best solution for email on the Treo. Now if Mark would develop an Outlook calender tie in......