1.    #1  
    When I move apps from the phone to my SD card, they drop off the "Category" menus (all, main, games, etc.) and only show up on the SD category. Is there any way to have apps that are stored on an SD card to be listed in the main phone categories? Thanks.

The only way I know of is to use a 3rd party launcher, like ZLauncher or LauncherX.

Although I too would like to know if there is a way, or to make shortcuts without having to load a launcher.
    Cingular GSM Treo 650, Apple PowerBook G4, iQue 3600, iPod Photo 60GB
    PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Palm M505 > Garmin iQue 3600 > Treo 650

Seek first to understand, then to be Understood
  3.    #3  
    OK. I have zLauncher. How do you do it from within that program?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    how about a way to add catagories or folders to the sd card?

Can zlauncher do it without fiddling with the main phone launcher?
    You can also use PowerRUN or TealAlias.
    Since all of these leave aliases to the real apps you can organize them (the aliases) on your internal memory just like anything else. You don't have to be concerned that they're on the card.
    Palm shoudl have made the categories smart enough to deal with expqansion cards but they didn't. I'm not aware of aan extension that would display apps on the SD card in regualr categories unless they creat some type of alias in main memory.
    When I move files to my SD card using PowerRun they are then listed in the "Unfiled" category with an asterisk next to them. Your home button (when pressed) will normally cycle through your available categories but it does not bring up the Unfiled category. The only way to see it is to click on the Category drop down list and then you will see it and can select it. Try this and see if your applications are there.
    Quote Originally Posted by dturpin1 View Post
    When I move apps from the phone to my SD card, they drop off the "Category" menus (all, main, games, etc.) and only show up on the SD category. Is there any way to have apps that are stored on an SD card to be listed in the main phone categories? Thanks.

Yes there is a way. I have TomTom(navigator.prc) on my SD card but it shows up on my list of phone apps and SD apps both. I don't have any 3rd party software for this.

I was actually trying to figure out how to do this with other apps on my SD card so I could set them up as favorite buttons on my phone for quick access. That's how I ran across this thread. I know it's possible but I don't know how. Does anyone knw how this is done?
    You can load LauncherX or ZLauncher, create shortcuts to apps that are on the card, then delete the launcher using FileZ or FileProg, and the shortcuts will still show in RAM and can be moved to categories (and used as Favorites). There is also at least one app available (can't remember the name) whose "purpose in life" is to create shortcuts like this.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek