View Poll Results: Would you still buy the Treo 650 if it did not have a camera?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

110 78.57%
  • No

30 21.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know I would. How about you?
    I probably wouldn't care if I didn't know some phones come with camera's. But since they do, I know that all the times that I wish I had a camera with me, I'd feel like I was missing something on my phone. It's just like when I used to carry a Palm and a phone, I never had the Palm when I needed it. Then the Kyocera 6035 came out, it solved that problem. Then the 7135, 600, and now the 650. Having the camera makes the phone. WiFi would REALLY make the phone perfect.
    I know some people that work for certain companies (defense contractors) or government agencies would ONLY buy the treo without the camera.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    I was voting quickly and I just picked the wrong answer, but I'd actually prefer the Treo to have no camera. IMHO it's a pretty poor quality camera and in the few months I've owned the Treo never once have I used the camera (apart from a few test pictures when I first got the phone to just try it). There are more and more places that don't want you to have a camera (or camera phone) on you, and I'd rather not have to worry about leaving my phone behind.

Brett
    No chance in the world. I'm looking for a convergence device so that pretty much rules out anything that doesn't have a camera, a keyboard, a good web browser (treo kinda iffy there), and MP3 audio capabilities.
    Are you kidding? Who buys the 650 because it has a camera? It's just an extra.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Are you kidding? Who buys the 650 because it has a camera? It's just an extra.
    Well in the litany of complaints I have personally found to be odd in nature. One involves the camera. So I was just wondering if maybe I was the "odd one" because I really don't care about the camera .

No actually I just want to show those who complain about the camera that most of us really don't give a care about it .

And this poll like others holds true to my 80/20 rule for Treo owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell

And I bet it's the same 80/20 people.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    50/50 to be honest..i would because i wouldnt have to worry going to places, i wouldnt because i do a lot of dumb random things
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    The camera was a feature like all the rest. I was a smart shopper, was not expecting the quality of today's digital camera's from a phone. Why? cuz it's a phone people. Its a feature, so if I was out and found something interesting to shoot I would. Maybe I'd get into an accident and need a camera?

So yes I would have bought it without a camera, but I enjoy it having a camera as well.

I'm tired of seeing those stupid threads about the 650 being junk. I have had a great time with my 650. It does everything I need at the moment. Sure I'd love the volume to be louder and the BT to voice dial (Great feature) but I still enjoy everyday of owning my Treo. One of my best purchases since my 2003 Nissan Xterra!
    Hey..

You betcha.. I have a 6.2 megapixel digital camera already. I can't figure out how to make phone calls with the camera. Can't use the camera as a PDA. And no matter how many times I hook the camera up to the 24 volt system in my truck, it won't receive wireless data, not even with a PCMCIA WIFI card shoved into the XD card slot.

Chuck
    Sure! The camera was not on my list of "must have" features. It comes in handy occasionally, such as last week when I was able to snap photos after a not-my-fault traffic accident, but it wasn't a dealbreaker. However, I certainly wouldn't pay the same price for a cameraless 650.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I have found the camera to be very useful, lately. I didn't care for it at first. But, there are some good uses for it, poor quality and all...
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    No actually I just want to show those who complain about the camera that most of us really don't give a care about it .

Well, now, let's be fair...I said I wouldn't buy one without it, but you haven't heard me complain about the camera. You're assuming that everyone who wants a treo with camera is complaining about it. I'm saying it was a great extra like having the keyboard is a great extra. Actually, the keyboard, and Palm operating system were my MAIN reasons for buying the phone, but if it didn't have the camera, there are other smartphones with one I would've considered. I also believe that it's easy to say that you would buy one without a camera when it does have one and you own one. It would've been interesting to see how many had a 650 without a camera if they were offered that way.

Quote Originally Posted by JAnderson
    The camera was a feature like all the rest. I was a smart shopper, was not expecting the quality of today's digital camera's from a phone. Why? cuz it's a phone people.
    Exactly
    The camera had nothing to do with my decision to purchase the 600/650. Sometimes I forget that I do have a camera with me...
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Maybe a sub-poll would be would you have paid what you did without the camera? I think that's a part of it - features drive the price.

Me, I would've bought it at the price anyway, but I'd think some would question paying the same price without a camera.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    I like and use the camera part, it would feel incomplete w/o it. If offered the choice, I would buy the Treo w/ camera. If not offered the choice, I would very mad and would start looking for alternatives.

Cheers, Perry.
    I think the question should be twofold: (1) If the 650 only came without a camera, would you still have bought it, and (2) given the option of with and without a camera, would you have bought the cameraless version?

My personal answers would be (1) Yes, and (2) perhaps, if the price break was significant - at the price I paid, a few bucks wouldn't have made a big difference.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Bah, I barely use the noisy lil thing. Now if it has at LEAST 1MP, I might use it often..so in other words. Yes, I would buy a Treo 650 without a camera .
    Actually my Treo 650 does not have a Camera. ;o)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast