View Poll Results: Would you still buy the Treo 650 if it did not have a camera?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

110 78.57%
  • No

30 21.43%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    Well, now, let's be fair...I said I wouldn't buy one without it, but you haven't heard me complain about the camera. You're assuming that everyone who wants a treo with camera is complaining about it.
    Rick, please don't take this thread personally. Because it was not at all directed towards you. (They know who they are.)

I'm not saying that people who really like a camera in the Treo are upset. I am saying that some expect a bit too much from a feature that most of us take as a novelty. Hey I think having the camera is a plus. But like most I really don't notice or use it most of the time.

If you want to know who this thread was directed at, take a look at some of the complaints in this thread. In past polls I've knocked down most of their other complaints. So today it was time to knock down the camera complaints, because most of us don't care much about it to begin with .

I don't think the Treo is a gateway to nirvana, but I also don't think it is the POS some folks make it out to be! And I love nothing more than to show them (the complainers) how small a group they really are. Because some of them seem to think we all cry with them, when they only cry with the smallest of violins .
    ive had cameras on phones before and i found it to me pretty necessary for me, mostly for entertainment, i dont ever get any useful use out of the cam. but its a need.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    As one who has already physically disabled the camera to allow use in the government facilities I frequent, I vote yea-it's the only way I can take advantage of the rest of the Treo's features, all of which are much more important to me than the camera. In fact, I probably would have bought a Treo sooner if it did not have one at all.
    Cingular Treo 650 with 1.14/1.51 ROW software/firmware
    modified Piel Frama & Innopocket cases
    modified battery cover (with drilled reset hole)
    1 GB Card o' Software & Stuff
    Camera Disabled (to keep the security guards happy)
    The camera never factored into the equation for me...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    without camera, sure i would buy it. but without the camera, i couldn't take pictures of people's mullets at wal mart.
    No, I would not have bought it. I want as much as I can get for the buck so why pay for a Smartphone that isn't as smart as other phones. I use my camera a lot on my Treo and that would have been a deal breaker since I was coming from a cameraphone when I first read about the Treo.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    No, I would not have bought it. I want as much as I can get for the buck so why pay for a Smartphone that isn't as smart as other phones. I use my camera a lot on my Treo and that would have been a deal breaker since I was coming from a cameraphone when I first read about the Treo.
    My feelings exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Rick, please don't take this thread personally. Because it was not at all directed towards you. (They know who they are.)
    I knew that. That's why I said what I said. See, I actually believe the people quoted in the flaming posts concerning the camera are either trying to rattle yours (and others) feathers, or they just weren't smart enough buyers to do research on the camera to see it's limitations, and now they are taking it out on the phone. I saw the phone, saw it's pluses and minuses, and the pluses way out weighed the minuses. And to me, even if the camera was a minus, it was still there.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Absolutely! Although I've only had my Treo for 1 1/2 weeks, I can't imagine using it as a camera. Isn't that why I convinced my wife I needed a Nikon D70?
    I had my Treo 650 since February. I don't remember using the camera once.
    You can do cool stuff like this if you've got unlimited data.

http://kod.textamerica.com
    i have a cannon s400 for takin pictures i hardly ever take them with my treo
    Unfortunately some of the best moments in life won't wait for you to go get that camera... And you miss out on capturing the moment. Who cares right?
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Are you kidding? Who buys the 650 because it has a camera? It's just an extra.
    I did not buy it BECAUSE of the camera, but I would NOT buy it WITHOUT a camera.
    - Wouter
    Quote Originally Posted by nispen
    I did not buy it BECAUSE of the camera, but I would NOT buy it WITHOUT a camera.
    - Wouter
    He said it the best.

It comes in quite handy on several occasions. I use it a lot more than I'd use WiFi on a Treo.
    If I'd known that the Treo 600 camera was so bad, I would never have bought the device, never. I was an ***** in assuming that a $600 phone would have a decent camera and I concentrated on the quality of the core features when making my choice. Despite the crap camera, I fell in love with the Treo. It just worked so well in so many ways. Two days ago, because my 600 was finally lost, or stolen, after one and a half years of use, I I bought a Treo 650. My God! A camera that won't embarrass me! No longer will I have to make excuses about such dire quality images to my incredulous friends. So, I would never have bought my Treo 650 without a camera. No improvement - no buy.
    Yes. Always having the ability to take crummy pics isn't important for me. That said, a camera will be standard on future versions since carriers hope to drive drive data revenue with it and consumers want it.
    Personally I'd like the $s to be spent on getting its core functions right. Once can always get the creditcard size camera which outperforms any phone cam and stick it in your wallet. That'll take up the space missing after buying 2 toys ;-
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    I know I would. How about you?

In my work there are many places where I have to leave my phone outside because it has a camera. I understand Palm makes a 650 without the camera for those in similar situations. So I would absolutely buy a 650 without a camera.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12