Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. jjquin's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
       #1  
    OK, I've searched the forums but have been unable to find this answer. How do I set the phone button on the 650 to act like it did on my old Treo 270, cycle through the different phone views? I've tried bot treoshortcuts and phoneview but they don't work correctly on the 650. The contacts and main view come up but thats all. Any suggestions?
  2. hlazar's Avatar
    Posts
    284 Posts
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    #2  
    Once you get used to the new way of doing things, you'll find it works easier. Alas, going backwards isn't possible.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
  3. #3  
    Takephone will cycle through different phone views. You can chose which views you want.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  4. jjquin's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
       #4  
    How about a quick way to bring up the favorites? Or make the favorites the default view for the phone? Any suggestions?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjquin
    How about a quick way to bring up the favorites? Or make the favorites the default view for the phone? Any suggestions?
    Hi,

    The favourites do appear at the default screen.
    You can configure how many rows you will see.

    If that's not good, then - in TAKEphONE you can have the favourites view come up as the default one.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjquin
    How about a quick way to bring up the favorites? Or make the favorites the default view for the phone? Any suggestions?
    Why in the heck would you want your favorites list as the default view for the phone??? It's much nicer to open the phone app and see a dialpad there.

    BTW, you can also search your contacts directly from the dialpad screen by just typing the contact's initials....after you open the phone up, go to general preferences, and change "typing dials phone number" to "typing starts contacts search"!!!
  7. JKib's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Why in the heck would you want your favorites list as the default view for the phone??? It's much nicer to open the phone app and see a dialpad there.
    Well, why the heck do you care why he wants it that way. You like it your way, he can like it his.

    I happen to agree with jjquin. The new phone function is worse. I do like the inclusion of the Favorites listing, but while on a call, you have no access to them (which is a solution I hope to find an answer for here...I've noted the prev post about TakephONE).

    Either way, if there are other reccomendations, I'd also be interested in having them.
  8. jjquin's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
       #8  
    Looks like TakephONE allows you to do this and you can immediately search for contacts without changing screens. Very different interface though will take a little getting used to. Biggest pain is changing the order of my favorites since TakephONE and the phone app show a different number of them on the screen
    JayJ
    -----
    PalmPilot Pro ->
    Palm III ->
    Treo 270 ->
    Treo 650 ->
    Treo 755p ->
    Palm Pre Plus
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Relbik
    I happen to agree with jjquin. The new phone function is worse. I do like the inclusion of the Favorites listing, but while on a call, you have no access to them (which is a solution I hope to find an answer for here...I've noted the prev post about TakephONE).
    I agree about the phone function being worse in the 650 than the 600. I liked being able to press up for contacts, left for call log, etc....so much easier than pressing down, down, right. I like the favorites menu....but not inside the phone app. I wish it were a separate application you could get to from the launcher.

    Quote Originally Posted by Relbik
    Either way, if there are other reccomendations, I'd also be interested in having them.
    The main benefit I see to the favorites menu is being able to hardwire an application to each key (i.e. - X for Xiino, C for Camera, etc.). It should already be enabled by default with Palm software, but Butler allows you to hold down that letter from anywhere to launch that application. The built-in favorites menu only allows you to launch that app by pressing the phone button and THEN holding down the letter....unnecessary. So...if you had Butler...that's one way you could launch your favorite apps not just while on a call, but from anywhere. If the favorites menu were a separate application, you'd have easier access to the entire list at once though.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjquin
    Looks like TakephONE allows you to do this and you can immediately search for contacts without changing screens. Very different interface though will take a little getting used to. Biggest pain is changing the order of my favorites since TakephONE and the phone app show a different number of them on the screen
    Ahem....I already showed you the way to search contacts without changing screens. As soon as you press the green phone button, you can type in initials or names to pull from your contact list...instead of dialing numbers or switching to the contact list.

    Again..."BTW, you can also search your contacts directly from the dialpad screen by just typing the contact's initials....after you open the phone up, go to general preferences, and change "typing dials phone number" to "typing starts contacts search"!!!"

Posting Permissions