1.    #1  
    Have you ever wanted to replace a specific application's alarm sound, system MIDI Alert sounds, Hotsync or Treo 600/650 Radio on and off sounds with wave/mp3/ogg/wma/aac sound file?

Now you can with Koolsounds

http://www.toysoft.ca/koolsounds.html

Requires PocketTunes or AreoPlayer.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Smiley, some comments/questions/suggestions after using the trial for a day or so:

1. Soft-reset prevents KoolSounds from working properly. You have to disable it and re-enable it in order for the sounds to work after a reset

2. You have plans to allow folks to use Midi files/ringtones stored in RAM as well? Right now you can only select stuff from the card

3. Would be nice if there was an option to disable a sound where you don't want your own sound but don't want to hear the system sound either.

4. Plans on adding options for the following?
    -- Clicks
    -- Beam send/receive
    -- Place in charger/remove in charger
    -- SD Card in/out

5. No 5 way support when assigning sounds

6. What is the "Startup" system sound?

That's it for now...thanks
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Smiley, some comments/questions/suggestions after using the trial for a day or so:

1. Soft-reset prevents KoolSounds from working properly. You have to disable it and re-enable it in order for the sounds to work after a reset

2. You have plans to allow folks to use Midi files/ringtones stored in RAM as well? Right now you can only select stuff from the card

3. Would be nice if there was an option to disable a sound where you don't want your own sound but don't want to hear the system sound either.

-- Clicks
    -- Beam send/receive
    -- SD Card in/out

Thanks the for the Freedback. We have fixed some of the bugs already in our new beta. we will add new sounds and features in the future version.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Smiley88, when I activated the app it reset and erased all my data. Any ideas?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Smiley88, when I activated the app it reset and erased all my data. Any ideas?
    you mean it caused a cold reset? if you have a T650 get RSLock from Resco and lock down KoolSounds.
    I'll try that...thanks.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I set the Hotsync start and end sounds. When I initiate the hot sync I hear my sound but also the stock treo sound. Same thing when hotsync finishes, you hear the standard sound when it completes, followed by the selected sound once it's completely finished.

8.    #8  
    I set the Hotsync start and end sounds. When I initiate the hot sync I hear my sound but also the stock treo sound. Same thing when hotsync finishes, you hear the standard sound when it completes, followed by the selected sound once it's completely finished.
    Yes. we had it working fine for the Treo and then tested on the Tungsten and it didnt work so we made it behave the same as the Tungsten version.
    maybe you need two versions then

10.    #10  

-- Clicks
    -- Beam send/receive
    -- SD Card in/out

ok. we've added additional sounds like: beam start, beam finish, bluetooth send, keyguard, find sounds. will work on charging and others.

new version will be posted next week on our website www.toysoft.ca
  11.    #11  
    Ok. Version 1.2 has been released. Add many features like support for our wavPlayer for wav files, random alarms, attention manager, replace beaming, find, treo keyguard, show current time in keyguard and low battery sounds.
    Smiley,

The Try link on your site points to a demo zip file that still contains 1.0, not 1.2

http://www.toysoft.ca/koolsounds.html

13.    #13  
    sorry. somebody forgot to upload the new demo. Its there now.
    Hmm, tried again and still appears to be 1.0

EDIT -- downloaded it last night and did get 1.2 thanks.

The soft-reset issue is fixed in this version (where koolsounds wouldn't work until you disabled it and re-enabled it after a soft reset) which is good to see

Like the new time display in the keyguard, pretty cool, although I use Keyguard Time+ so it's a little redundant but nice anyway.

Still waiting on sound options for click and select etc.
    Last edited by scottymomo; 08/18/2005 at 01:02 PM.