1.    #1  
    Okay so the backup bluetooth headset (Scala 500) I had been using broke on me last week... Speaker seperated from the earpiece exposing the guts and it was shorting in and out. Called Cardo and they sent me a brand new one which I got today... They must have done some improvements on this new batch cause the new rington is of all things... The theme for TWILIGHT ZONE! Imagine my surprise a few minutes ago when the phone rang for the first time and I hear this faint "Neenoo-nee-noo, neenoo-neenoo" in my ear, I actually sat up and looked around ( I DONT like horror films at ALL)! LoL (my purse sits in a drawer at my desk so I never see the phone I just answer. Anyway in addition to the new ringtone, this new headset is LOUD, so loud it hurts my ear at the highest level. Like screeching baby loud. So at this point I am still happy with my Scala... That Twilight Zone stuff will have to grow on me I guess!

The logitech is in the sell pile at this moment, hurt my ear too bad, it was so tight it kept pushing my earrings into my head and had my earlobes sore for 2 days.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    did they replace it for free?? I have two and 1 did the same exact thing. I am over the My Country tis of the thing anyway.
  3.    #3  
    Yes they did them both for free. I bought this Headset in Feb2005 from eCost and it had horrid reception, Cardo replaced that one for free a few weeks later (the caseing was all cracked even though I never dropped it as well). I had been using my Sony HBH-660 since then, but when I lost my Sony BT last month I went back to using the Scala as it was sitting around for months as my backup. But after a week of use the speaker started to separate from the headset so I called up Scala once more for an RMA last week.

In both replacement cases they offered me the "Advanced Replacement Program" where you give them your credit card no# and they authorize it for $80 (yikes!) and they send it to you the same day for next day delivery and when you return the other one they drop the authorization. But I didnt want to do that, especially not on a Headset I paid $36 for... So I opted for the regular RMA process, I sent it to them first (paid $4 for priority mail). They got it next day since they are only one state away from me, and they DHL'd my replacement which I got today. I did it this way in both cases. Works for me. =)

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I lost the base that my Scala 500 fits into. I have the headset, but its totally useless unless I get a new base. I could probably get a new unit for less than ordering the base unit from Scala. Any thoughts about my a trade of some kind? A cheap bottle of wine?

Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    Okay so the backup bluetooth headset (Scala 500) I had been using broke on me last week... Speaker seperated from the earpiece exposing the guts and it was shorting in and out. Called Cardo and they sent me a brand new one which I got today... They must have done some improvements on this new batch cause the new rington is of all things... The theme for TWILIGHT ZONE! Imagine my surprise a few minutes ago when the phone rang for the first time and I hear this faint "Neenoo-nee-noo, neenoo-neenoo" in my ear, I actually sat up and looked around ( I DONT like horror films at ALL)! LoL (my purse sits in a drawer at my desk so I never see the phone I just answer. Anyway in addition to the new ringtone, this new headset is LOUD, so loud it hurts my ear at the highest level. Like screeching baby loud. So at this point I am still happy with my Scala... That Twilight Zone stuff will have to grow on me I guess!

The logitech is in the sell pile at this moment, hurt my ear too bad, it was so tight it kept pushing my earrings into my head and had my earlobes sore for 2 days.
  5.    #5  
    Sorry beachboy but when they send the replacement they send the headset only. And when they ask it to be returned they only want the headset returned as well. I would be happy to oblidge you but I cant. Good luck tho.

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy
    I lost the base that my Scala 500 fits into. I have the headset, but its totally useless unless I get a new base. I could probably get a new unit for less than ordering the base unit from Scala. Any thoughts about my a trade of some kind? A cheap bottle of wine?
    The newer one's don't have that base thingy it has and normal adapter that plugs into the headset.....
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  7.    #7  
    Wow, I just got a new one and my coworker got a brand new one yesterday and they both have the base type of charger.. Did you order yours directly from Cardo?

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I got it from a local store... the ac adapter plugs in where you would put the neckstrap...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Got my cardo today from Amazon. $37.99 w/free shipping. No charger base, just the plug into the end. Still too early to evaluate it under use conditions, but looking forward to it!