1.    #1  
    From our corporate rep:

Hi, the Treo upgrade was approved at 4 p.m. on Friday

The upgrade will be available for download after 5 PM Pacific Time on Monday, July 25 at:

www.palm.com/us/support/

Look in the right hand column -- the Cingular update should be at the top.

I will not be able to update my 650 until I'm back in the office later this week, so I am interested in others experiences tonight.

Telecom
    Hope you're right
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I have to commend your tanasity in posting this - prophets get stoned around here sometimes!
    Only time will tell....
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

----
    JK
  5.    #5  
    I'm just passing on what I received for the benefit of others here. I hope it is true, and I have no reason to doubt it.
    Thats 8PM for me... I hope you are right! I'll be give it a glimpse later tonight.
    for those that didn't read my post in the other thread :

Got fowarded an internal email from inside Cingular. The firmware will be posted tonight at 5pm Pacific time on palm's website.

Here's some details of whats in it:

-Optimizes memory handling. (basicly similar to what Fat32 did to Fat16 for you computer geeks out there)

- VersaMail imporvements

- Voice quality enhancements : one of the most important detail under this was "Echo cancellation improved" I really hope they fixed this one.

- Some battery life improvements.

- Blue Tooth DUN. Althought there is a mention of customeres adding a "Data Connect" plan if they wish to not get charged for significant overage.

Some of those points go into more detail but you get the jist of it.

Also there is notes that Cingular will release a Non-Camera version of the 650. Cingular Blue will have it first though with Orange to follow shortly.
    Sounds like the Cingular f/w upgrade is essentially identical to the ROW unbranded one.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbdaigo
    I have to commend your tanasity in posting this - prophets get stoned around here sometimes!
    So that's the reason they're usually wrong? They're stoned?
    will current installed software work ok with new update or will there be conflicts?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  11.    #11  
    Did previous carrier updates also include the BT update? If I haven't done the BT update yet I am wondering if the carrier updates take care of it. Thanks for any info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Telecom
    The upgrade will be available for download after 5 PM Pacific Time on Monday, July 25
    That'd be 5pm PDT then.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Telecom
    I'm just passing on what I received for the benefit of others here. I hope it is true, and I have no reason to doubt it.
    Well, Cingular reminds me of that old politician's joke:

How do you know when a politician is lying?

His lips are moving.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  14.    #14  
    I don't think Cingular would have it's corporate reps and field tech support people provide erroneous info to their corporate clients, so I'm confident it will post at 5pm PST. Also, it seemed that the field tech I spoke to already had the update. Thusfar we have received very good service from our Cingular (blue) corporate people.

As for the sentiments of others here regarding Cingular Customer service, communication, etc., I whole heartedly agree that they are terrible to deal with on the consumer side. I consider myself a level headed, calm individual, but twice I have literally yelled at their monotone idiotic responses to billing questions on my personal account.

Let's hope the update shows up at 5pm.
    <i>"prophets get stoned around here sometimes!"</i><p>

Only Sometimes? LOL!
    Jer 23:29