1.    #1  
    I thought by losing my love handles I wouldn't have to worry about things poking me in the side anymore, so I bought the Seido holster only to find that about 3/4" sticks up above the top of my belt, and sticks me in the side whenever I sit down!

I thought about filing it down with my Dremel, but there wouldn't be enough left to open the clip when I was done.

Why can't they make these things with real people in mind? Now I have to return this case, and live with my worn out Covertec case until they come back in stock again.
    How does anyone deal with this Seidio holster? I've read rave reviews of it, and that's why I bought it.

This holster would be perfect if it had a clip like the Covertec ones do - one that is a piece of curved metal, and not a spring-loaded contraption.
    I wear the Seido holster upside down(?), with the the tab part (the part that you press) pointing down. Just make sure the 'hook' part is attached to your belt.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Not to bring up an old thread, but I just got this holster and have the same problem. Is there anyone who has filed down the clip with any good results?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I turn mine to the side, but my tab just started to break and my palm is falling out, so I am looking to buy another one.

I was in a grocery store yesterday and it fell out and my battery popped out. When I got to work that morning I noticed my 1 Gig card was missing. I called the grocery store and sure enough they found it and someone turned it in. WOW! All because my daing seidio clip started breaking!

But all is well and I have my card back and I am looking for a good deal on the seidio clip (I got that one on treocentral for $10).

Good luck on the solution, I turn it sideways because I am a fat man.

5'11'' 220 lbs
    Use the Seidio holster and don't have the problems. The clip does rise above my waist line but doesn't pinch through my shirt. When I un-tuck my shirt, the clip does pinch and is very uncomfortable. Then again, anything I wear on my belt is more uncomfortable when my shirt is untucked.

Try putting some black electrical tape or a band-aid on the tip of the clip. Wonder if that would take some of the bite out of it?
    I always wear a white shirt tucked in, with some type of outer shirt usually not tucked in, as I am a lazy college student who only dresses up on weekends to work. I found that when I am sitting in certain types of chairs, I have an issue, other than that I am ok. I wish I knew about this before I purchased it though..... I guess its just another Seidio issue...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock
    I wear the Seido holster upside down(?), with the the tab part (the part that you press) pointing down. Just make sure the 'hook' part is attached to your belt.
    I follow the above instruction and my issue is solve alot more confortable, however I am happy with my seidio hostler now. Thanks Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by Concept
    I follow the above instruction and my issue is solve alot more confortable, however I am happy with my seidio hostler now. Thanks Rock
    I feel your pain We have listened to customer feedback about this issue (though quite honestly, the feedback has been very minimal) and are developing a more rounded clip edge that should be more comfortable to some.
    I too had the problem. I found there was a little bit of plastic molding "flash" that was poking me in the love handles when I first got it. Rather than lose weight (heaven forbid), I just took an emory board from my wife (that's "nail file" for the bachelors out there) and just sanded down the plastic flash every so slightly.

Problem gone.

I never could SEE the flash, but I could feel it with my fingertip (and side). Filing it down eliminates the problem altogether.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Might try and file it down, see if the more rounded corners will help any..
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I filed about a half inch off mine a month ago. It works great -- no more poking and still unclips from my belt pretty easily.