Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    How do you keep versamail from downloading archieved gmail?
  2.    #2  
    Some one has to know this one.

    How do you set versamial to only pick up the mail in the in box?
  3. #3  
    Hi James!

    My VersaMail (no gmail involved) accounts that I have set up (1 for my home email address and 1 for my work email) only draw down items in my "In Box" folder. EMails in other folders are not brought down to the Treo. And then there is a get only "unread messages" check box under delivery options under preferences in VersaMail.

    What is your set up doing?
  4.    #4  
    I dont have a get only "unread messages" in delivery options under preferences.

    Sometimes I answer mail on the desktop and move it to the archieved folder in gmail. If fastmail is acting up I want to be able to use versamail to pop gmail but it tries to download all mail instead of only "in box" mail.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    I dont have a get only "unread messages" in delivery options under preferences.
    Why not? Sprint Treo 650?

    VersaMail
    Menu
    Options
    Preferences
    Delivery Options
    Get Only [] Unread Messages.

    Wierd, if you don't.

    Cheers Perry.
  6.    #6  
    If I go menu>options>preferences>delivery options this is the screen I have. Is ours different? My versamail is 3.1B

    Thanks for the help Perry
  7. #7  
    VersaFail??? What is that???
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    VersaFail??? What is that???
    Insertion can I just set up a different account in chatter to pop gmail if fastmail goes on the fritz again?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Insertion can I just set up a different account in chatter to pop gmail if fastmail goes on the fritz again?
    You just want to POP? Haven't done it, but shouldn't be a problem.

    Look here for another fastmail alternative:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=91532
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    If I go menu>options>preferences>delivery options this is the screen I have. Is ours different? My versamail is 3.1B

    Thanks for the help Perry

    Wierd. I have 3.0C probably because I have not yet upgraded my refurbished Sprint replacement from 1.08 yet to 1.12. The unread box line for me is between the Get Only: line and the [] mail from last . . line. I guess they eliminated the option with the "improved" 3.1 version.

    Cheers, Perry.

    P.S. How do you folks do screen shots?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    P.S. How do you folks do screen shots?
    Snap
    Attached Files Attached Files
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  12. #12  
    Thank-You, Your Monkeyness.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Snap
    Old dog, new trick. . . . .


    See James, I really am not imagining things.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14.    #14  
    Perrys got skills thats what she said
  15. #15  
    I have a ways to go before they are "whickty whack"
  16.    #16  
  17. meir602's Avatar
    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi James!

    My VersaMail (no gmail involved) accounts that I have set up (1 for my home email address and 1 for my work email) only draw down items in my "In Box" folder. EMails in other folders are not brought down to the Treo. And then there is a get only "unread messages" check box under delivery options under preferences in VersaMail.

    What is your set up doing?
    I also lost the "unread messages" option. But the truth is, it didn't work half of the time with G-mail anyway! I set versamail to get mail only from "last one day" which eliminates most of the problem. Although occasionaly it will download about 100 "read" e-mails.

    Did someone say versafail!
  18.    #18  
    If your interested I now have chatter set up to pop gmail and after the initial download and deletion it only downloads new unread email. Works perfect Chatter is awesome. The work in background feature is worth the cost of the app alone. I feel sorry for all who sit there waiting for their email client to perform functions.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    If your interested I now have chatter set up to pop gmail and after the initial download and deletion it only downloads new unread email. Works perfect Chatter is awesome. The work in background feature is worth the cost of the app alone. I feel sorry for all who sit there waiting for their email client to perform functions.
    It's about time, don't you think??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

Posting Permissions