1.    #1  
    I am in the process of trading my GSM 600 for a Sprint 600 and have a questions. I am going to get the vision pack when I have the treo replace my current phone. Can I tether the treo to my laptop and use it as a modem or use the vision to connect to the internet. IT would not be used very much just when traveling and wireless is not available. I never tried this with my GSM 600 since I did not have web on my plan from cingular. Also, what cable would I need to do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbaker
    I am in the process of trading my GSM 600 for a Sprint 600 and have a questions. I am going to get the vision pack when I have the treo replace my current phone. Can I tether the treo to my laptop and use it as a modem or use the vision to connect to the internet. IT would not be used very much just when traveling and wireless is not available. I never tried this with my GSM 600 since I did not have web on my plan from cingular. Also, what cable would I need to do this?
    See PDANet. You use the same cable that you use to sync. I use a cable that does sync and power. I have done this from all over the world. Often prefer it to Wi-Fi. (It is always slower but domestically cheaper. Internationally Wi-Fi may be cheaper but prices are going up.)

[PDANet is pretty good software and easy to use under normal circumstances. However it doe not cope well with the case where the phone is connected to the network but not already registered on GPSR. (Cingular drops the GPSR connection routinely when not in use. This means that it may have to be re-established for each use. Both Blazer and Versamail understand this and do restart GPSR automatically. PDANet does not. If one fails to be sure that the Treo is registered on GPSR before trying to start PDANet, the PC client gets out of wack and one may have to exit the client and restart it or even have to reboot.) This should not be a problem with Sprint. ]
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Technically, yes you can do it...

Technically, it's also against Sprint's Terms of Service.

Use it sparingly.