Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, after cruising these boards for about 10 months, I'm finally getting my 650! I'll be getting a horizontal pouch case and have experience with Covertec and EB from the past....does anyone have any input for these three cases (I know the P6 was reviewed on TC).

P6
    E&B
    Covertec

The cost between the three is negligible. The covertec and the P6 have that nice hole in the bottom middle to help push the phone out, but I had a real good experience with the E&B model for my HP PPC. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Protection and ease of use is the main criteria! Oh and a nitpicky thing is that I'd like to be able to listen to music while the screen is facing my body, if that's possible, but not mandotory. Thanks!

http://store.treocentral.com/store_i.../large/245.jpgP6
    http://store.treocentral.com/store_i...s/large/87.jpgE&B
    http://store.treocentral.com/store_i...s/large/19.jpgCovertec
    I have the Covertec, and have been very satisfied with it. I place my screen facing inwards. The cutouts allow good access to the ports. I also have eGrips on, and insertion/removal is no problem. I especially like the clip on the Covertec. It is built into the case, and keeps the unit very close to your body. I have other cases, but I always come back to the Covertec.
    Zane
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    I have the Covertec, and have been very satisfied with it. I place my screen facing inwards. The cutouts allow good access to the ports. I also have eGrips on, and insertion/removal is no problem. I especially like the clip on the Covertec. It is built into the case, and keeps the unit very close to your body. I have other cases, but I always come back to the Covertec.
    Zane
    Zane...a few questions. The last Covertec case I had was made of thick leather....also kinda stiff. How this one? How's the interior leather? Is it suede on the interior or the same stuff inside/out? I think I'm leaning towards teh Covertec....I loved the EB case for my last pda, but this case just doesn't look as good as the other two. Thanks!

Also, the Covertec pictures show the 650 facing outward...is it able to face inward (to protect the screen more).
    I have both the P6 and the Covertec. The P6 closes tighter on the phone and has more protection as the top flap completely encases the phone except for the corners. The problem with the P6 is that the construction materials are plastic instead of what was advertised as being leather. The plastic on the belt clip came undone after about 3 months of use. There are other reports of the same failure on the boards and my partner had the same thing happen with his. The Covertec is better construction of real leather on the clip and the outside cover. It doesn't cover the top of the phone as well however because the top strap is only an inch wide as compared to the top strap on the P6 which is almost 4". As a consequence the Covertec doesn't close as tightly on the top and seems to offer less protection from a fall than the P6. If only the P6 were made of better more durable material it would be ideal.
  5.    #5  
    Is there any difference with the Covertec case for the 600 vs. the 650? I'm asking because they are out of stock of the 650 cases on TC and they don't even have the 650 on Covertec's homepage (just the 600). I know the dimensions are the same, but is there any differences? Plus the 600 case was cheaper on Covertec's home page.

Two-tone...black exterior, orange interior
    The one I have says it is for either the 600 or the 650.
    RicoM,
    You can put the 650 in the Covertec face out or in. The leather is stiff and makes a nice protective shell, but is not hard. The lining is smooth leather. All of the seams are stitched. As I said earlier, I always come back to this case.
    Zane
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    RicoM,
    You can put the 650 in the Covertec face out or in. The leather is stiff and makes a nice protective shell, but is not hard. The lining is smooth leather. All of the seams are stitched. As I said earlier, I always come back to this case.
    Zane
    The one I received a couple of weeks ago has cloth on the inside and the tan lining under the top flap is plastic.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I absolutely love my E&B case, had it for quite some time now. The case is sturdy, simple, and the magnetic latch is quick and convenient. The way I load my Treo means the attenna sticks out of the back of the case, and when I need to go for it, I just click it open and slide it out via the antenna. I keep seeing all these other cases, but I think horizontal is the only way for me to go.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by WildFireX
    I absolutely love my E&B case, had it for quite some time now. The case is sturdy, simple, and the magnetic latch is quick and convenient. The way I load my Treo means the attenna sticks out of the back of the case, and when I need to go for it, I just click it open and slide it out via the antenna. I keep seeing all these other cases, but I think horizontal is the only way for me to go.
    Dang...just noticed something. The E&B case is a sewn belt loop case. I.e. I have to put it on when I'm putting my belt on and not as an "afterthought" like the other cases. This is a deal breaker for me. When I get home, or when I'm driving I may just like to pull the whole case/phone off. And I'll be wearing this on my left side so I'd have to take most of my belt off to reloop it. It's a slight annoyance, but one I don't want to deal with. Well with that, the fact (or I guess the reports) that the P6 isn't that well constructed, I guess I'll be getting a Covertec case. Thanks for the inputs!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by CougarX8
    The one I received a couple of weeks ago has cloth on the inside and the tan lining under the top flap is plastic.
    Hmm...is that the orange interior that I linked to? Or is it a tan interior? If it's plastic, then that may be why the black/orange combo I linked to was $5 cheaper. Is it still a high quality of construction?
    I use the Bellagio lateral pouch and love it.
    http://www.bellagiodesigns.com/showcategory3.php/67#3
    I've dropped it a couple of times with no problems to report. The only drawback is that the belt clip is quite deep.
    The P6 has lasted quite a long time for me (since Feb I believe) and it shows very little wear. I'm not sure what the plastic vs leather means in previous posts as mine sure seems like all leather (I'm not a keen eye on faux vs real if that's it). The price is also not negligable, percentage-wise, if you buy the p6 off of ebay from wirelessunderground for only $10 like I did before it became the P6...it's still available as such.

One thing I noticed "bad" about the p6 is that I got a new belt that was pretty thick and it's eating my belt...I'll be getting a new thinner belt like my old one. This has caused minimal wear on the "leather" on the clip itself.
    I have had the Covertc for years and it's great! Except for dripping buttery nipples on it ooccaisionally, it's a great holster. The belt clip is great and the quality of the leather is excellent.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    "buttery nipples"???
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    It's a sticky booze shot. Easy to dribble on my poor Treo.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Got it over 3 weeks ago and it still works great after regular use. It looks great, too - it hugs the hip nicely, is comfortable, and looks more expensive than it is. It's protected my investment and so far is the best accessory I've purchased for my Treo... much more than can be said about my Seidio 2-in-1 headphone adapter. Highly recommended.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I have had the same covertec case for almost 2 years. The new ones are slightly larger and much better in my opinion.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Frydog

Treo 300 ----> Treo 600 ----> Treo 650 ----> Treo 700p ----> whats next???

www.lostorder.com (Gaming)
    www.big-hump.com (Hashing)
    I've had the P6 for a few days now. While I haven't used it for very long, I really like it. I've always preferred horizontal pouches and find this to be the best I've had (since I lean toward the less expensive cases). The belt clip is very tight which explains the problems theOne expressed about his belt being eaten. However, I like the tightness. The case stays very close to the body so it's less likely to get caught on things. The magnetic 'latch' is much stronger than I was expecting. Also, the screen can face toward or away from your body. While mine feels more like vinyl than leather, it looks good.
    My P6 case has held up great for about 3 months now. Has not fallen off ever (even when I forget to take it off when getting into my gear!). I had a MOBO case (I think, top loading, mag closure, rotating clip), lasted for about a month before the clip broke through the 'leather' (ahem). This would fall off, since it rotated vertically and would get hung/pushed up when suiting up or sitting/kneeling down. But it led me to the P6, so I guess it worked out in the end.
    Palm IIIxe --> Palm 505 --> Kyocera 6035 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700wx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast