Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I too had to get rid of Lightwave. Before I installed it, my 650 was solid. Right after I installed it, I was living in reboot city.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    Right after I installed it, I was living in reboot city.
    Hmmmm, there seems to be a theme here......
    I'm back!
  3.    #23  
    Actually, I have not had any problems either with lightwav for the past few days. I did however have immediate crash problems after I installed Ringo.

Perhaps every treo out there is predisposed to work with one or the other and its simply a question of finding out which of the two will cripple your 650 and then buying the other one.

LOL
    How long ago were you guys experiencing crashes?? Just for kicks, could you download the newest version and tell us if it still crashes?
    You really should read the posts, grndslm... especially the one where I stated quite clearly that I updated all of the appropriate software (Lwav 5.5#524, Ptunes 3.1.1, SPCS 1.12)
    blowing my own trumpet here - but one thing Phone Technician has that mp3 ringer doesn't is it's own mp3 player (for 650 only) - so you don't need pocket tunes, aeroplayer or other.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Trager
    You really should read the posts, grndslm... especially the one where I stated quite clearly that I updated all of the appropriate software (Lwav 5.5#524, Ptunes 3.1.1, SPCS 1.12)
    I wasn't talking to just you, sweetheart.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    How long ago were you guys experiencing crashes?? Just for kicks, could you download the newest version and tell us if it still crashes?
    I actually reloaded and tried it withing the last week or so. (LightWav 5.5 #524 with Ptunes 3.1.1)
    I had ringo and my phone kept hanging up when I tried to answer it. I purchased Mring from Motionapps.com ver. 2.7 and it will use SD's to play
    mp3 files. I found this program cheep and very reliable and have used it for
    two months on my Treo 650 (verizon). I think this palm is great except I
    have a problem with bluetooth and my 05 BMW X-5 with the motorola Nav
    system. When I removed Ringo my call answering problems stoped, the program of Mring does not have a pop up picture but it has not effected my
    phone in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by nixoloco
    mp3Ringer can have them either place I think.. but it just recommends keeping the ones you want to use in RAM. I swap out cards a lot with different movies and stuff.. so I just used an editor to shrink the parts of a few mp3's that I like and keep those in RAM. I cut the down to like 20 seconds or so (they repeat if I don't answer in time) so they aren't too big to store in RAM.
    Use micro media player in windows xp to edit the song to a smaller size, it works.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12