1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 650 from Cingular.
    Everything has been fine for a long time (4 or 5 months, I think).
    Suddenly it started resetting randomly, and only when I'm not doing anything. It'll be just laying on the table in idle state and suddenly reboot.
    I hard reset it and resynced everything. It still reset frequently.
    So this morning, I hard reset it again, but I didn't sync it since I thought it may be something I installed (even though I haven't installed any new programs in a long time).

However, now it has been hard reset and is back to Cingular's original state, and it still resets.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Morgan
    I had the same issue with one from Sprint.. It took about 3 visits to the sprint store before they would replace it, but they finally did.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by wikka
    I had the same issue with one from Sprint.. It took about 3 visits to the sprint store before they would replace it, but they finally did.
    Thank you! How long did you have it?
    I think I just needed someone to say it so I'd convince myself I needed to be prepared to be pushy.
    I had the same exact problem with my Cingular 650 last week. I did a hard reset and it didn't help. After about 10 calls to tech support and handset exchange, they sent me a brand new Treo. (I expected a refurb)
    Quote Originally Posted by pqfnb2
    I have a Treo 650 from Cingular.
    Everything has been fine for a long time (4 or 5 months, I think).
    Suddenly it started resetting randomly, and only when I'm not doing anything. It'll be just laying on the table in idle state and suddenly reboot.
    I hard reset it and resynced everything. It still reset frequently.
    So this morning, I hard reset it again, but I didn't sync it since I thought it may be something I installed (even though I haven't installed any new programs in a long time).

However, now it has been hard reset and is back to Cingular's original state, and it still resets.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Morgan
    Do you know what's causing the resets? On Sprint, the code is ##377.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    Or you could just download Crash Pro and let it log your crashes for awhile...much easier than remembering to type ##377....
    The Code for Cingular is #*377 to view the crash log.

I just received a Replacement today from Cingular (probably a refurb) after dealing with self-resets by the Treo over a 2-week period. I only reinstalled the voice dialing software, but not the Acrobat Reader for Palm OS or Documents to go. Does anyone out there know WHICH applications cause crashes? I figure since I have a fresh start, better make it a good one.