1.    #1  
    Has any one noticed an X mark on their battery, even with 50% charge on? I noticed a RED X mark on the battery, and there was over 50% charge left in the battery. When I perform a soft reset, the X mark disappeared, but the battery was also drained. This is the second time it happened, and the last time, it was 15 days ago. Is this a software issue or a Battery issue? Usually, when my battery goes low, I just get a low charge indication, and when it is really low, the battery shows a red line at the bottom of the battery icon.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Be prepared to get it exchanged. This is symptomatic of the defective battery connector that causes the dreaded "Network Search" malady. As it progresses; you will occasionally not be able to answer a call when the phone rings or you may not be able to place a call.
    Be sure to mention the red "X" when you talk to your carrier. If the phone is less than a year old they should replace it.
    I also had this happen and ordered a battery. But before it got there I decided to open the treo and disconnected the battery and then reconnected it. It now seems to work great and haven't had any problems with it yet.
    Nate
  4.    #4  
    OK, I guess I need to speak to the vendor here. This phone was bought separately without any Phone plan in Singapore, and I am using this in India.
  5.    #5  
    Hi Nate,
    Does'nt the manufacturer warranty go VOID if I opened the handset myself to re-connect the battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by ajayacharya_250
    Does'nt the manufacturer warranty go VOID if I opened the handset myself to re-connect the battery?
    Sadly but yes. And it's very common on almost all electronics.