Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I follow the progress of cameras. Samsung now has a phone with a 5.2 meg camera with a extendible lens system. Sprint has 1.3 and 2.0 meg camera phones. And we are still here panting over a phone with .3 megs?

Let's see...the 650 crashes all the time...the camera is 10 times less competent than what else is out there...its reception is poor, its microphone horrible, its speaker cheap, (good screen!).

For crying outloud...why is it that in the world of cameras progress is measured in months but in the world of phones it is measured in every two year increments?
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    Let's see...the 650 crashes all the time...the camera is 10 times less competent than what else is out there...its reception is poor, its microphone horrible, its speaker cheap, (good screen!).
    So why do you own one?
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    you want a 5.2 megapixel cam....go get one
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    So why do you own one?
    HAHAHAHA!!

How can so many people come on this message board and say that this phone sucks. I mean, I understand that it's not perfect...but just show me something that does what my phone can do AND THEN MORE, and maybe I'll start to whine like the resta yaz.

BTW...could somebody post pics of other cameraphones that have 1.3MP and 2.0MP resolutions. I just want to see comparisons between those pictures and the pictures that the 650 produces. The pics I take are better than any other cameraphone I've seen.
    I don't buy a phone to take pictures, anymore than I buy a digital camera to make phone calls.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I do hope that the next treo has a 1mp camera with flash in it but if they do, then they pretty much have to double or quadruple the available memory.

IMO I don't think anything 'bests' the 650 because nothing else does everything that it can in that small of a form factor.
    Last edited by t2gungho; 07/25/2005 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Because mediasi was busting my chops over my typing. ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Hmm, how did you get a 620?
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Even if it did, someone would find someting to complain about. It's a phone and pda first, the camera is a novelty and should be used as such. I take a few pix here and there that seem cool/ funny at the time and the other are pix of people sleeping at work that I use or blackmail .
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I don't buy a phone to take pictures, anymore than I buy a digital camera to make phone calls.
    those are some deep, wise words!
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    so true...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Last week a couple of friends of mine were in awe as they watched a short colorful video on my Treo.

And you are complaining about cameras? It's a phone!!!
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    My friend just bought a phone with a 1.3MP camera with flash.

The camera doesn’t take photos indoors very well (reminds me of the treo600 camera). The flash doesn’t help at all and is a waste of battery juice. The camera on the 650 is far superior even though it is only VGA. MP is really only impressive on paper, its all about the quality of the optics and software. The Treo650 has it right, I will trade MP for quality indoor photos any day.
    There are so many issues with this latest of rants I am having trouble deciding where I will begin.

First I just have to say Insertion was on point once again:

But this is about the complaint, so time to examine that:

I follow the progress of cameras. Samsung now has a phone with a 5.2 meg camera with a extendible lens system. Sprint has 1.3 and 2.0 meg camera phones. And we are still here panting over a phone with .3 megs?
    As has been said, I really don't care about the camera. I think YOU are upset with the camera and as someone else asked, why do you have a Treo? Free yourself of this pain.

Let's see...the 650 crashes all the time...
    Mine does not. It has been mentioned in threads like this one and I've run polls on this board to prove as best can be done that the Treo 650 does not crash all the time. 3rd party software with buggy code causes crashes. The Treo it's self seldom if ever crashes.

the camera is 10 times less competent than what else is out there
    On the list of desired upgrades for the next Treo it is very seldom if ever that anyone says they want a better camera. As I said, I don't care about it.

...its reception is poor,
    Maybe where you live. Mine works better than many cell phones I see other using.

its microphone horrible,
    OK, so you don't like the camera, reception or mic. Mine is OK, but you don't like it. Why do you own this thing? Anyway, I use a BT headset most of the time. It and the mic both do OK for me. Maybe you need a replacement... Better yet, buy a cell phone (just a cell phone, not a convergence device) and a camera (just a camera) and maybe you can duct tape them together to make yourself happy .

its speaker cheap, (good screen!).
    Fine for me.

For crying outloud...why is it that in the world of cameras progress is measured in months but in the world of phones it is measured in every two year increments?
    Because you are trying to compare the progress of a convergence device to the progress of a single device. Your method of analysis is inherently flawed! Because while camera makers are just trying to make a good camera you are trying to associate that progress with a device that does phone, camera, video, internet and contains a full computer operating system for 3rd party applications (and the built-in PDA ain't bad either ).

Next will you compare camera progress to the progression of cars? I mean for crying out loud we're still using rubber tires that go flat!
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Hmm, how did you get a 620?
    Im a beta tester. No, come on, gimme a typing break...I posted it from my 600 and 2 is right above the 5
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Insertion: you consider your treo 650 just a phone? I want to push my treo to ...infiniti and beyond!

Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Oh OK the 650 does not crash all the time. Its solid as a rock. Then why is it that I have to take Valium every time I try a new program? And why is it that people can't hear me?

Come on! Is anybody gonna support me here?
    Oh OK the 650 does not crash all the time. Its solid as a rock. Then why is it that I have to take Valium every time I try a new program? And why is it that people can't hear me?

Come on! Is anybody gonna support me here?
    Hey in all fairness, it might be argued that even with the firmware that the 650 is less stable then the 600 is now. However, its very hard to quantify how many people are having daily resets with their devices.

It sounds like you are. Just work from that point and dont generalize your issues with what you think everyone else is going through. Do you really think the 650 is soooo great that if everyones acted like yours that they would keep it? (If it did, I would have taken it back after the first 10 days.)

Its hard to gauge this board, but more likely than not, most 650 owners are happy with the device and won't be going back. If you got problems with yours and you cant fix it with answers from here, then take it back and either get another one or get something else.

Oh OK the 650 does not crash all the time. Its solid as a rock. Then why is it that I have to take Valium every time I try a new program?
    Let me say it again since you missed it before the issue is not the Treo but the program that is not fully compatible. Is the program you are installing Palm Certified? Why are you not taking issue with the software maker that told you their software worked on a Treo 650 but obviously is not fully compatible? Why didn't you press them to be part of Palm's Certification program?

Notice you said you have your problems WHEN YOU INSTALL A NEW PROGRAM. When someone comes to your house and causes a problem do you blame your home?

And why is it that people can't hear me?
    People can hear me fine. Maybe you should tell the people in the room with you to be quiet .
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    No. I like my 650 and use it every day. But there are many things that could improve, and the speed and effectiveness of improvement is slloowwwww.

Conference call, audio quality, crashes, memory, built in programs, camera, there are so many improvements needed and instead of demanding them you guys are just defending the 650. My Treo 300 never booted. My Treo 600 never booted. This one does it regularly.
    Yea and the chair I'm sitting in could use some improvements too .

My word, with the progress in cameras if chair makers were on par we would not even need chairs . We would float like Yoda!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast