1.    #1  
    So i got a new Toshiba 1.0GB SD card, loaded it up with OGG vorbis songs ( up to 980mb) and now Ptunes can't read the card. it just hangs up in "searching for music" and then the treo crashes. also, if i scroll through the albums on the card, the song listings are in gibberish type symbols, and not the normal titles.

Is this too much music for the treo? is the card bad? is p-tunes bad?

Thank you
    I use Sandisk cards with MP3s and never had a problem. PTunes always reads them fine.

And it's not like Sandisk is the cream of the crop when it comes to cards .
    I suggest deleting all music from your card, and then installing the music back on the card in small groups, making sure the Treo can read each new group of songs.

You might have a corrupt song which is creating the problem.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Don't you have to have the ogg plugin for Ptunes. I am not sure but that is just a thought
    Mr. Devil:
    How did you transfer the songs from you computer to your SD card? I've heard of people ending up with corrupt music files by not using the ''safely remove'' function for their reader. Could that be it?
    I think BenJoe might be right about needing a plugin for using OGG files with PTunes. I dunno, however, as I use Aeroplayer and find that it produces better sound output.

If you're going to be playing strictly OGG files on your Treo....Aeroplayer's your solution because it's free if your collection is in OGG format.

LINK: http://www.aerodrome.us/
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I went to the pocket tunes website, and a Plugin is needed fro the OGG files, MP3 and Wav pluggins come built in, but you need to download the plugins for the other files:

http://www.pocket-tunes.com/download.html

Otherwise I would go with Grndlsm's suggestion: AeroPlayer which works well.
    Check Pocket Tunes' Yahoo Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pockettunes/

You will be sure to get some answers there if you post your problem.
  9.    #9  
    thanks guys. i have a bgger issue in that the treo i bought new today, freezes whenever i go into apps, and is also suuuuuuuuper slow to change screens (on top of the roaming issue every time the thing crashes with 1.03)

But i will look into aeroplayer. i use ogg a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    thanks guys. i have a bgger issue in that the treo i bought new today, freezes whenever i go into apps, and is also suuuuuuuuper slow to change screens (on top of the roaming issue every time the thing crashes with 1.03)
    Is that Sprint 1.03 or Verizon 1.03?? If it's Sprint, you'll need to upgrade the ROM. If it's Verizon...you'll need to hard reset the device and see if it still crashes with nothing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    But i will look into aeroplayer. i use ogg a lot.
    It's the best, IMO.