Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I get less than 1k/sec. Is this normal?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    BUMP. THanks
    atleast you can get it working. i don't even know how to use it.. why don't you use pxa clocker and overclock the app to speed it up...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Interesting idea, but I'd have to overclock it to a Pentium 4 to get blazer speeds!
    lol..
    Yes, it is very ssssssslllllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwww. But I guess if I had a file larger than 2 MB I would still use it because there is no alternative that I know of.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    That's like half an hour of aggressive battery life for only 2megs! Hopefully there's an update soon. Thanks
    can someone give me a hint on how to use it...
    1. Start the application.
    2. Press the menu button.
    3. Click Help.
    4. Click Tips.

They are very helpful. I'm not able to use the 5-way in the menus, so that is why step 3 and 4 say "Click". The stuff in Tips is about all I know about the program. Other than it is slow. . .
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    can someone give me a hint on how to use it...
    Basically you enter the URL of the zip or prc and then hit go.
    Quote Originally Posted by kronium
    Basically you enter the URL of the zip or prc and then hit go.
    Or any file in general...just not a directory.

But...I'm not having the same issue as others with a slow connection. Seems just like 1xRTT speed to me.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Or any file in general...just not a directory.

But...I'm not having the same issue as others with a slow connection. Seems just like 1xRTT speed to me.
    Blazer is at least 20-30 times faster. What settings do you have checked and unchecked? THanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kronium
    What settings do you have checked and unchecked? THanks
    I have neither images nor links checked....but I do save the file(s) to my card.

For example, I downloaded this file for kicks just so I could open it up in Picsel (dang that program is good): http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/...Linux_Sync.pdf

And it took me just over 20 seconds for that 200kb file....that's definitely faster than 1kb/s
    I read the tips and I understand that a URL needs to end in a file name or a / but so far none of the URL's I have ever entered have registered as valid files.

Is there a trick to using downloader?

I have tried webpro, I have looked around, tried opera and I can not do a dam think about this 2 meg DL limit.

Blazer seems to need 6 megs free internal to DL anything to my card,,,,,,,, Like Insertion would say ,,,,,,, WTF ??nnn11"?1oneIIIO
    I have tried webpro, I have looked around, tried opera and I can not do a dam think about this 2 meg DL limit.
    What problems have you been having with webpro? Works fine for me when download files over 2 MB. Also, another option is Xiino which also does not have 2 MB limit...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    What problems have you been having with webpro? Works fine for me when download files over 2 MB. Also, another option is Xiino which also does not have 2 MB limit...
    i didn't know xiino didn't have the 2mb limit .. good to know because it's the main browser i use.. thx gfunk..
    Xiino can't DL to the card though right?
    I bought webpro at handango today and it just resets. I found version 3.0.1a here at TC and so far it has worked for a file that was 2.2 megs but it said an 8 meg file was to large.

Gfunk what version do you have and will it DL an 8 meg file?
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 09/01/2005 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Xiino can't DL to the card though right?
    I bought webpro at handango today and it just resets. I found version 3.0.1a here at TC and so far it has worked for a file that was 2.2 megs but it said an 8 meg file was to large.

Gfunk what version do you have and will it DL an 8 meg file?

Hmmm... I have no problems downloading large files with webpro 3.0.1a. In fact I just downloaded an entire podcast to the card using it!

Regarding Xiino, you're right. I don't know (or rather don't think) if you can download straight to the card. I can't find any settings for that unfortunately..

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Maybe warning signs go off with webpro if the internal memory is low, can you tell me Gfunk how much memory you have?
    Also 301a didn't ask for a reg code. I bought and DL the $34 version from handango but it just resets. Is 301a not asking for a code because I put it in on the crashing version or is 301a just free?