Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    how can I deleted all programs i have added to my sprint treo 650..i want to be left with only the original program /files the phone came to me with..from sprint..does anyone have that list of the original files sprint put on their 650 ??

    thanks
  2. #2  
    hard reset
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    hard reset
    ok hard reset..but wont i get everything back once i hot synch again with my pc ?? thx
  4. #4  
    delete the backup folder on your PC, or at the very least, move it elsewhere.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    delete the backup folder on your PC, or at the very least, move it elsewhere.
    excuse my in-experience..but i don not know how to accomplish that...thx
  6. #6  
    or just rename it to old backup or something and the normal backup folder will recreate itself when you sync ....
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    or just rename it to old backup or something and the normal backup folder will recreate itself when you sync ....

    ok..how would I do that ..thx
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by intrepid2
    excuse my in-experience..but i don not know how to accomplish that...thx
    program files - palmone - your hotsync name folder - you should see the backup folder..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    program files - palmone - your hotsync name folder - you should see the backup folder..
    ok thx..also i dont want to lose th pictures, contacts, clander emails, sms..i have on my phone...is all of that info safe from doing yr procedure..thx
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by intrepid2
    ok..how would I do that ..thx
    I'm guessing you have a Windows PC. Use the "Find" feature. Search for Files and Folders with your Treo's Username.

    Should be in ProgramFiles\PalmOne
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  11. #11  
    yes... just go into the old backup folder and double click to hoysync over whatever you need...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  12. #12  
    The backup folder is in the main Palm file folder-c:\Program Files\Palm\Hotsyncname\backup. Just right-click and rename it. When you hotsync after the hard reset, your basic databases-calendar, address, memos-will be restored, but none of the files you added will be.
    Zane
  13.    #13  
    ok..all pics contacts, emails, sms etc..wont be lost ??
  14. #14  
    When you first hotsync after the hard reset, it will ask you if you want to sync to your existing username or create a new one. Just create a new username. Your old one will still be there with all your info and programs.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanook
    When you first hotsync after the hard reset, it will ask you if you want to sync to your existing username or create a new one. Just create a new username. Your old one will still be there with all your info and programs.
    ok...but..will all my old pics, contacts, calender sms..synch to my phone with a new user name ?? thx
  16. #16  
    Don't create a new username. Just rename your backup folder in your username folder to something like xusername. Then, when you do a hard reset and sync, it will pull in anything you had in Outlook or Palm desktop, whereever you keep your contacts, etc. If your pictures are on a card, they will still be there.

Posting Permissions