1.    #1  
    how can I deleted all programs i have added to my sprint treo 650..i want to be left with only the original program /files the phone came to me with..from sprint..does anyone have that list of the original files sprint put on their 650 ??

thanks
    hard reset
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    hard reset
    ok hard reset..but wont i get everything back once i hot synch again with my pc ?? thx
    delete the backup folder on your PC, or at the very least, move it elsewhere.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    delete the backup folder on your PC, or at the very least, move it elsewhere.
    excuse my in-experience..but i don not know how to accomplish that...thx
    or just rename it to old backup or something and the normal backup folder will recreate itself when you sync ....
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    or just rename it to old backup or something and the normal backup folder will recreate itself when you sync ....

ok..how would I do that ..thx
    Quote Originally Posted by intrepid2
    excuse my in-experience..but i don not know how to accomplish that...thx
    program files - palmone - your hotsync name folder - you should see the backup folder..
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    program files - palmone - your hotsync name folder - you should see the backup folder..
    ok thx..also i dont want to lose th pictures, contacts, clander emails, sms..i have on my phone...is all of that info safe from doing yr procedure..thx
    Quote Originally Posted by intrepid2
    ok..how would I do that ..thx
    I'm guessing you have a Windows PC. Use the "Find" feature. Search for Files and Folders with your Treo's Username.

Should be in ProgramFiles\PalmOne

yes... just go into the old backup folder and double click to hoysync over whatever you need...
    The backup folder is in the main Palm file folder-c:\Program Files\Palm\Hotsyncname\backup. Just right-click and rename it. When you hotsync after the hard reset, your basic databases-calendar, address, memos-will be restored, but none of the files you added will be.
    Zane
  13.    #13  
    ok..all pics contacts, emails, sms etc..wont be lost ??
    When you first hotsync after the hard reset, it will ask you if you want to sync to your existing username or create a new one. Just create a new username. Your old one will still be there with all your info and programs.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanook
    When you first hotsync after the hard reset, it will ask you if you want to sync to your existing username or create a new one. Just create a new username. Your old one will still be there with all your info and programs.
    ok...but..will all my old pics, contacts, calender sms..synch to my phone with a new user name ?? thx
    Don't create a new username. Just rename your backup folder in your username folder to something like xusername. Then, when you do a hard reset and sync, it will pull in anything you had in Outlook or Palm desktop, whereever you keep your contacts, etc. If your pictures are on a card, they will still be there.