Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    digitalfx:

I'm not an expert, but I think that looks safe enough. Anything much below 4 MB free and I (personally) would start to worry. In any case, those numbers are about the same as mine, and I've noticed no problems so far.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I've been using it for the last 24 hours now. Verichat and Chatter locked. So far, zero crashes (VeriCrash was good for at least two a day.)

It's still too soon, so I'll call it coincidence for now, but it's been reset free so far.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I've been using it for the last 24 hours now. Verichat and Chatter locked. So far, zero crashes (VeriCrash was good for at least two a day.)

It's still too soon, so I'll call it coincidence for now, but it's been reset free so far.
    Well, you're doing better than I. I locked VC early this AM and have had two VC resets since then just today.
    are you guys locking just verichat or all the verichat files?

btw- two days and NO resets.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Does anyone notice when all your resets happen? I was going to start a new thread but it seems like a lot of people on this forum are getting crashes with VC and Chatter just like me. Mine resets all the time when I return to full service from Roaming (getting to the street after coming up from Penn Station, coming out of the East River Tunnels in Queens). If you guys say Resco is working, I will definitely try this. Thanks.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    So, if I want to delete an application that I have locked do I have to unlock it first? or it doesn't matter?

Al
    May want to ask
    HERE.
    Guys,

New version out, 1.01. It now locks app completely like Shark Cache does.Apps which lock automatically should be excluded (Latest Ptunes and Audible).

Just follow the link posted above mine (resco forum) for more info. To download , just follow link on first post or visit their site.
    Last edited by MFB; 07/25/2005 at 10:15 PM.
    I honestly cannot crash my Treo now. Even using apps that used to just exhaust dbcache and cause a reset no longer resets my Treo. Thanks to Jan of Resco, he has a gem of an app that I highly recommend as a MUST install on all Treo 650s! Just lock your background apps ( I also locked PowerRun) and you'll experience what I'm talking about.
    My Treo650 is not crashing and the speed seems to be normal (or good enough). I don't see the need for the Locker.

After the latest firmware, with it's improved memory handling (reduced cluster size), and more memory available, do we still need a utility like this?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Without the Locker, using Memory Info application, I get (all in KB)

Storage Heap (Flash):
    Total: 24270
    Free: 12744

NVFS CAche (RAM)
    Total: 11967
    Free: 4635
    Largest Free Chunk: 4597

Dynamic Heap: (Ram)
    Total: 5440
    Free: 4538
    Largest Free Chunk: 4354
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I run background apps like textplus and clippro. I also launch big apps such as SpreadSheet and VillageSim. RescoLocker has made me unmindful of my current dbcache levels. I can't cause my Treo to reset now. Previously using Resco Explorer's verify backup surely crashed my Treo because dbcache was all used up. Now I can launch it whenever without having a reset. I put it to the test last night before posting. It's just amazing !

With your setup, try launching Palminternals after doing a backup. Let me know if you reset.

I'm now confident that in extreme cases my Treo will be stable so I don't have to worry when I use it on a tough day. I can even use it while listening to ColdPlay via Ptunes even if I'm editing my spreadsheets or just surfing via gprs on Blazer.

What background apps do you have running ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    What background apps do you have running ?
    Xpressmail ()'m not sure how much of it runs in the background .. it activates and downloads my e-mails after recieving a particular type of SMS)

4cast (scheduled updates of weather)

Datebk5 (for it's alarms)

Keyboard (for UWK)

Keycaps650 (doomsey's)

McPhling

NotifyMe

Ptunes (on occasion)

Remotelock

TreoAlarm

UninstallManager

Versamail (imed pulls of e-mail)

Worldclock (alarms)

Again, I don't know if all are actually running all the time, or if alarms are handled by some "Alarm Manager" in the OS ....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    are you guys locking just verichat or all the verichat files?

btw- two days and NO resets.
    I locked all the Verichat files
    Lock the following :
    Keyboard (for UWK)
    Keycaps650 (doomsey's)
    McPhling
    Remotelock
    UninstallManager

I'm not familiar with Remotelock and Keyboard but I'm assuming it waits for user input for notification.

Aprasad, before locking apps try running Palminternals and see if you get a crash. That app uses a lot of DBcache. At that point you're probably on your way to a reset. Do you have big apps to launch from card? I'm certain that if you launch it, a crash will be inevitable. Try getting your speed test result in Palminternals and press the notif button at the bottom. What do you see under hede, hpps and hvcs?

Jan of RescoLocker explains that we do not need to lock apps that are activated on a schedule.

I also don't advice to lock apps that lock automatically when active. (Audible and PocketTunes).
    I installed PI on the SD card. I ran PalmInternals repeatedly without crashing.

Speed test results in
    Time in Tics: 1920, Time in secs: 19

hede: McPhling, Keycaps600, PACE

There are no sections named hpps or hvcs ???
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I installed PI on the SD card. I ran PalmInternals repeatedly without crashing.

Speed test results in
    Time in Tics: 1920, Time in secs: 19

hede: McPhling, Keycaps600, PACE

There are no sections named hpps or hvcs ???
    Wow, your system is indeed stable. : ) How much dbcache do you have left now? Lock the apps I advised you too but you can exclude keyboard and remote security as Im not familiar with these 2. Btw, to have better performance (less resources used) just replace keycaps600 with TreoKeyHack (use it with Yahm).
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Without the Locker, using Memory Info application, I get (all in KB)

Storage Heap (Flash):
    Total: 24270
    Free: 12744

NVFS CAche (RAM)
    Total: 11967
    Free: 4635
    Largest Free Chunk: 4597

Dynamic Heap: (Ram)
    Total: 5440
    Free: 4538
    Largest Free Chunk: 4354

I noticed that your have the latest Cingular Update. Palm again increases Flash memory available by 1.246 mb. Im running a custom 1.30/1.13 rom

Here are my stats

Storage Heap (Flash)
    Total Size 23042 kb
    Total Free 9144 kb

NVFS Cache (RAM)
    Total Size 14143 kb
    Total Free 5979 kb
    Largest Free 5731 kb

* Its around 8000k plus after a soft reset and 9100 k plus without Resco Locker

Dynamic Heap
    Total Size 5440 kb
    Total Free 4692 kb
    Largest Free Chunk 4187 kb
    Just for kicks, I ran PI on a warm reset (no applications running on reboot).

Time in tics: 110
    Time in secs: 1 :-)

After soft reset, these # are 1873 and 19 sec

I am still on the fence about locking: If I can run applications, including TCPMP without running out of memory, why lock? Isn't it better to give the OS the flexibility to manage memory as it needs it?

As for performance, I thought doomsey has fixed the hede issue with his keycaps650.

Question: Will either one increase my NVFS Cache (RAM): Total free and Largest free chunk?

I need a refresher on the what the 3 memory types mean (as reported by MemoryInfo..)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Resco Locker just released today. Now adds ability to lock panl applications such as Bluefang, Outcall, FieldPlus and ScrollJump. It also reimplements the Locking attribute. Ptunes now correctly shows as OL(open & locked) when running in the background.

You only lock applications that run in the background. This prevents background apps to cause system instability when dbcache is cleared. It is also important to keep a balance between how much applications are locked versus free dbcache. For more info, check out the forums @ Resco's website.
    I need some memory help. I hard reset my Treo and restored with backupbuddy with a lot of errors, but luckly I was able to restore everything. However, my Treo is slow in every aspect while launching anything. Some times after a reset everything is fine, but after a while things become very slow and loading apps take forever. I've tried Rlocker, but no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Al
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast