1.    #1  
    any body actually use one yet? is there any dif between the 2 models? seidiohigh end retracable 2 in 1 (#below) and the regular retractible 2 in 1 on treo central store?

HER2SOVTR650-S- also on the site it was $34. then when I looked again in an hour it was $49!

TIA

IZ
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I can't figure out what product you're talking about. But if you're looking for a 2-in-1 cable, check out http://www.eforcity.com/dpamtungdat5.html I just got one - I verified that it charges ok, have not tried a hotsync yet. $10.99
    Likewise, for a cheap source of sync/charge cables (and also the cool pen+stylus things), check eBay. This is where I got them fairly cheap, even including shipping ($7 for first item, $3 for each extra--I bought two of the cable/stylus combos, one from the auction, then when I paid online, added one from the seller's online store):

http://search.ebay.com/treo-650-retractable-cable
    One addendum: be sure to verify shipping charges (including any possible multi-item discounts) before buying anything on eBay. It's routine, particularly on inexpensive items, to have absurdly high and barely mentioned shipping charges.

(I once saw some attractive voice-recognition software with a starting bid of just 99 cents for just the program CD--and then I noticed the small-print shipping charges of $69....)
    Last edited by JohnRylander; 07/23/2005 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Added example
    Yes, good thing I thought of this all at once: is the difference you're looking for between cables that include a Hotsync button and those cheaper ones that don't?

Usually, the ones on eBay lack such a button. The one's I bought looked like they did in the picture (though the text didn't mention one), but it turns out they have only a fake button http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...milies/mad.gif, so you have to sync by going to the program launcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by ideawizard2
    any body actually use one yet? is there any dif between the 2 models? seidiohigh end retracable 2 in 1 (#below) and the regular retractible 2 in 1 on treo central store?

HER2SOVTR650-S- also on the site it was $34. then when I looked again in an hour it was $49!

TIA

IZ
    If you mean the high end stereo earbuds/phoneset, then yes - there is an amazing difference in sound quality. I listened to both, one after the other, and there was no comparison as far as the stereo range on the new one compared to the older one. New ones have great sound for .mp3s and function very well as a normal headset with in-line mic providing surprisingly good and clear transmission to those on either end of the line.
    David
    David, have you any idea how each Seidio model compares to the regular Palm version
    (found at, e.g., http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=90143853 for $13 w/free shipping on orders of $25 or more--I bought two, but might cancel)?

I listened to the Palm version and it seemed fine, though I was in no position to make a good comparison with a higher-end model.

(And yes, I should have, like you, done a Google search on the model number instead of just relying on the earlier part of the thread to determine the OP's intent! ....)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRylander
    David, have you any idea how each Seidio model compares to the regular Palm version
    (found at, e.g., http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=90143853 for $13 w/free shipping on orders of $25 or more--I bought two, but might cancel)?

I listened to the Palm version and it seemed fine, though I was in no position to make a good comparison with a higher-end model.

(And yes, I should have, like you, done a Google search on the model number instead of just relying on the earlier part of the thread to determine the OP's intent! ....)
    Sorry, but I have no experience with the Palm version. There is definitely a large price difference, however. The Seidio goes for $50 before shipping; but it also offers a retractable feature and an automatic hang up just by returning to your .mp3 playing. I have found the stereo headbuds to be better than any of the out of the box ones you usually get with an .mp3 player. There is also an in-line volume control as well. I have been very satisfied with them and use the buds with my iPod. Another difference is that you need a 2.5 - 3.5 cable - and that's another 6 bucks...
    David
  9.    #9  
    Dsilver, that is the exact information I was looking for...so they are definatly worth
    $50 and much better than the low end stereo earbuds/phoneset, correct?
  10.    #10  
    also are these even avialable at treo central?
    Quote Originally Posted by ideawizard2
    Dsilver, that is the exact information I was looking for...so they are definatly worth
    $50 and much better than the low end stereo earbuds/phoneset, correct?
    From my perspective, yes on both. I'm not always a believer in you get what you pay for, but sometimes things just go that way...
    David