Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Can't decide whether to go with the iPAQ6315 or the TREO 650.

A few quick questions if anyone can help. Thanks, in advance.

1. I don't want to sign on with any new "e-mail" service. I have GMAIL.
    a) Is web browsing an extra charge on the TREO 650?
    b) Once I'm on the web, can I log onto my GMAIL account and check email?
    c) Do I need to purchase another "email" service to use with my TREO 650
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I am sure their are plenty of people here who would love to answer your questions. Hopefully you will get tons of great replies.

As for me...I will do my best.

As for Gmail, yes you can check it. You can log on to their site or use some work around methods to check it on the built email client "versamail". You can do a search here on treocentral and learn how.

You shouldn't have to get a new account if you don't want too. Again do some searches of this forum for your specifics.

Internet...it will cost you to add a data plan to your phone. Sprint PcS is the cheapest and I have loved it. the start at $15 for unlimited compared to $35 to $80 with other carriers.

I have been a long time PDA user and have tried the many of them By far I would stay with the 650.

Plus I am posting this from my 650 while driving...so if that doesn't convince you I don't know what will.
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    YIKES!!! DON'T CRASH! Thanks for the response...I'm a longtime iPAQ PDA user myself, but have fallen head over heels with the TREO 650...OK...so I have to purchase a data plan...good info...thanks again...
    1. I don't want to sign on with any new "e-mail" service. I have GMAIL.
    a) Is web browsing an extra charge on the TREO 650?

For most providers, you will probably have to have a voice plan and a data plan for web browsing.

I 
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

cont.

I have tried with blazer and it can't log me in. The work around is to either use pop mail or forward it to an imap account.

c) Do I need to purchase another "email" service to use with my TREO 650

No. There are free things out there like http://www.fastmail.com
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I'm unfamiliar with how POP MAIL would help me log onto my GMAIL account? I know, I'm clueless. Ha!
    t2...I can log into GMail fine with Blazer. I wonder why you can't...
    OP-you can use versamail and put the settings into it so that the email is downloaded into your treo. Search for gmail settings.

Christinac130-It might be because I have the blazer ver on the 600 and not the 650? Im not sure.

I gave up on it anyway because I forward it with fastmail-chatter...which hasn't been working a for a couple days :-(
    Last edited by t2gungho; 07/24/2005 at 12:59 AM.

Ohhh...I didn't have Gmail when I had my 600 so that may be it. I know I couldn't do anything (send, reply or forward) other than read mail on Hotmail from my 600.

I hear great things about Chatter everyday...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    I hear great things about Chatter everyday...
    Hmmm...wonder who has been whispering in your ear.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Hmmm...wonder who has been whispering in your ear.
    Some Chatter fanboy...

I don't need it, though...I have my own "special" e-mail alert