1.    #1  
    I just bought a 600 from a guy on Ebay that said:
    ".. Unlocked GSM Phone. Can be used with any Service provider with a SIM Card."
    I called Sprint, which I currently use my almost dead Treo300 on, and asked how to use the 600 on and they said the ESN on 600 is not compatible with their network. Is this Sprint service rep correct?
    Can anyone advise me on how I can get this to work with Sprint.
    I'd appreciate it.
  2.    #2  
    I forgot to mention that this 600 was on T-Mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by surfpac
    I forgot to mention that this 600 was on T-Mobile.
    You CAN NOT use a GSM phone on a CDMA network...
    Sprint doesnt use GSM networks and SIM cards! Sprint phones operate on CDMA networks. I got scammed by a guy on Ebay too using the same advertisement. If you are trying to activate a Sprint phone, ask the person whom selling the phone to give you the ESN so you can check with Sprint BEFORE buying! Otherwise, you would be stuck with a phone that you cannot use. This doesn't apply towards a GSM phone that uses SIM cards.
    You never lived until you almost died!
    Sprint did support the 300s but I don't think they support the 600 and 650. Cingular and T-Mobile are carriers. You will not be able to use your 300 SIM card with the 600 anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceMike
    Sprint doesnt use GSM networks and SIM cards! Sprint phones operate on CDMA networks. I got scammed by a guy on Ebay too using the same advertisement. If you are trying to activate a Sprint phone, ask the person whom selling the phone to give you the ESN so you can check with Sprint BEFORE buying! Otherwise, you would be stuck with a phone that you cannot use. This doesn't apply towards a GSM phone that uses SIM cards.
    I really wouldn't call that a scam. The title mentions that it's a GSM PHONE and that it will work on any network WITH A SIM CARD. Sprint is not a GSM network nor does it use SIM cards. Not trying to be rude, but if you don't understand the technical specs of a phone you should buy your phones directly from your wireless company and that way you'll be sure it's 100% compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulishor
    I really wouldn't call that a scam. The title mentions that it's a GSM PHONE and that it will work on any network WITH A SIM CARD. Sprint is not a GSM network nor does it use SIM cards. Not trying to be rude, but if you don't understand the technical specs of a phone you should buy your phones directly from your wireless company and that way you'll be sure it's 100% compatible.
    You dont know what you are talking about! I was basically telling him my past experience I had with an Ebay advertisement. I gave my input on purchasing ANY Treo from Ebay. I KNOW the difference between the two technologies. You added nothing but rubbish to this post.
    You never lived until you almost died!
    Hey guys, hit me up a PM. I'm from Canada and if the the price is right (hardware + shipping) I'll take the Treo 600 of you. Unlocked versions pls.
    Sassmonkey,

The Treo 300 NEVER had a SIM card it was only for the Sprint network.

Sprint was the first carrier to get both the 600 and the 650 so they definitely support both.

Sprint is a CDMA network that doesn't use SIM cards at all.

There wasn't one correct statement in your entire post!!
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Sass Monkey
    Sprint did support the 300s but I don't think they support the 600 and 650. Cingular and T-Mobile are carriers. You will not be able to use your 300 SIM card with the 600 anyway.
    Sprint supported the 300 but not the (GSM)270. It supports the CDMA/Sprint version of the 600 and 650 but not the GSM version. Palm did not do anyone a favor when it decided to give the GSM and CDMA versions the same model number.

I was a happy camper with my 270 on T-Mo and my 600 on both T-mo and Cingular. I am happy with my 650 on Cingular. Perhaps you will join us on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by surfpac
    I just bought a 600 from a guy on Ebay that said:
    ".. Unlocked GSM Phone. Can be used with any Service provider with a SIM Card."
    I called Sprint, which I currently use my almost dead Treo300 on, and asked how to use the 600 on and they said the ESN on 600 is not compatible with their network. Is this Sprint service rep correct?
    Can anyone advise me on how I can get this to work with Sprint.
    I'd appreciate it.
    Hello,
    I got the same problem on the other side! I`m living in Germany and got a Treo 600 which is made especially for Sprint (I got it from my sister, wos living in the USA, and she doesnt need it anymore), so I cant use it as a phone here in Germany, I`m using it only as a Palm.
    May be we can swap our Treos with eachother, and our problems would be solved. Are you interested?
    Excuse for my bad English, I hope, you understood what I wrote,
    Have a nice weekend, greetings from Germany
    Jutta Dobert